Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few questions

3 posts in this topic

Love this game... still using it in the 'free mode' but gotten used to the timing screen and the balance of how to maximise success through design, hiring good drivers etc.. and I am now winning races... but two questions I just cant seem to figure out for my self since I am still in my first season.

Firstly, how important are the doctors? I understand they slow down the attribute loss from your drivers, but do they give them any gains?

Secondly, the commerce building, which I haven't invested in yet... how much money do you actually make off it?... and how do you make big money off of it?  From managers in my league it seems that they don't think it is worth the investment, but I obviously don't know if they're using it correctly since I haven't gotten one my self.

It's ridiculous how addicting this game is even in the free version (wish I didn't have to pay tuition haha).  It is especially great if you have a good bunch of guys just starting out like I do, who help each other out and have great conversations every race about out eachothers teams and real F1 teams with the new season about to start.

Hope someone can answer these questions. Thanks

Bought the commerce building. I make about 200K-250k each race, without assigning any more merchants, and without training my staff. Higher quality stuff seems to bring in more money. don't know if assigning more staff and training the staff brings in more money and if it is linear. Don't know if you if you sell more when you become more famous.

It looks to me as if it pays off in the long term - but a really long term. I guess it depends on how much money you have now, and how long you are going to stay in the game....  

As for the doctors - as I understnad it, the training of the doctor itself does not function at the moment. They only go up through experience - which is automatic and slow. If you train the doctor it gives yuo one health back (the one you loose every race), and it adds one morale for everyone (which does have no effecton the staff at the moment - I think - but helps the drivers). The added health to the drivers helps you postphone the moment you really need to train them physically, so you can ad some more speed training (or training of other characteristics).  On the other hand, design, and making the cars better, might be more usefull...... Part of the fun is trying it out.

(I am training design and letting the health of the drivers slip. going to train them back up later).

right now, from what I have seen and heard is that the commerce/commercial side is not worth the investment. If you can get the maximum dollar value out of all 4 of your sponsors (1.5 million each), you should not need the department.

As for the doctors, I agree with Bertram