Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rFactor2 First Impression

40 posts in this topic

rFactor-2 is still in it's beta stages, I was quite pleased to see triple screen support in replays with the last build (this was on my wish list).

I just hope ISI can optimize the graphics code quite a bit, it's still a FPS hog the way it sits now. I don't mind DX9 that much, but by using DX9, one would thing they'd get decent frame rates.

I can understand ISI choosing to use DX9 for now, not everyone can afford to go out and buy a new computer or new high end video card to run a Sim.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

RFactor 2...

you definitely should buy it! It is just the best driving sim you can get at the moment. Physics, the feeling for the car, the tires, the FFB ... is absolutely stunning and all this provides the most realistic driving experience out of all the sims that are available at the moment.

IMHO.....rf2 best phyisics, best ffb and real road put it above other sims already, but worth every cent. buy the lifetime as it will not cost you any more in the future. why pay a yearly subscription ? So glad its not another sim that just keeps asking you to put your hand in your pocket all of the time if you want new content...yippee.

Physics wise it´s really the benchmark for simracing already I feel. Been so for a while and keeps getting better :)

Agreed - RFactor 2 is currently the best driving sim experience by far IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

rFactor2 has a ton of work still needs to be done but when I'm on that track nothing touches it.

Agreed, agreed, agreed :)

PCars is not in the same league as RFactor 2/Assetto Corsa/IRacing

You shouldn't be so quick to judge, plus, RFactor 2 doesn't currently look too bad ;)

I had everything maxed out in the demo... and I wasn't impressed.  Also being DX9, I tried to use SoftTH for my mismatched triples... had lots of graphical issues (though I don't judge based on this as it's not really a supported feature).

Project CARS I'm only impressed with visuals... I'm cautious with the driving physics... I've never been a fan of Slightly Mad Studios driving style (SHIFT 1+2 & Test Drive Ferrari Legends).

Assetto Corsa is the one that I've got the most hope for.  And I already love iRacing, but want something with AI for when I don't have the time/focus to drive with real people at scheduled events.

Right now, like others, I think RF2 is the best sim out there.  People keep complaining about the graphics, but they look fine to me.  It runs smooth for me.  In my book, it's the best driving sim out there....meaning, nothing else really comes close to the feel you get when driving it.

AC is a title that I'm actually excited about.  Looks great, and the stuff I hear from those with the tech demo is only good words, so it looks very promising.

I was expecting this title to be a bit further along, by now and had expected RF2 to be my go to sim at this stage. 

While it certainly has potential to be a great sim, I can't help but feel that some of the basics are still missing. Things like the spotter and lap history per track, should have at least been sorted. Some extras for, I feel should have been included......as an example......They know that XD exists. There should be an option to have more information at hand or included on the screen.

Having said that, I have enjoyed the little time I have spent learning the cars and the sim. I truly hope that the next update includes some of the things that I have mentioned, above.

If you read the comments below the article, he writes, this survey was done with rFactor 1, not 2.

My guess, rFactor 2 would do maybe a little bit better than rFactor 1, since rFactor 2 has a few new simulated enhancements that rFactor 1 doesn't have. ISI seems to have done their homework when they set out to write rFactor 1, I can't see them fumbling the ball with rFactor 2, maybe this is one of the reasons it's taking so long for rFactor 2 to be completed and a finished commercial product.

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

I'm really enjoying rf2.  Its my first PC sim and what has impressed me most is the feel of the cars, driving physics.  I guess I don't have much experience with this, so my perspective may change as I gain more knowledge. Still, I'm pretty sure I've learned more useful stuff in the week I've had this sim than in all the years I messed around with Forza.   I did pick up AC and its really fun to drive.  Different though.  I'm looking forward to the development of that title, but for now racing the AI in rf2 is seriously kicking my butt.   

Dave362 will be a while b4 other sims catch up to rf2 with the features they are implementing. I use to be a forza guy but real sim racing is on PC. get into a league race others and have fun