Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 Wheel Mod for Logi G27

14 posts in this topic

Hey all, brand new to this site but I have been browsing on it for sometime thought it was about time to make an account =P

Here is what I am looking for and maybe you guys could be of help! I have looked around a fair bit and I wanted to get opinions on who or where could help me

I am looking for a Formula 1 wheel mod for my Logitech G27

The important things I am looking for are

Needs to look like an f1 wheel

The wheel needs to have a similar LED/Shift/rev indicator to an f1 wheel (Sli pro kinda thing)

back shifters AND on wheel 2 clutch peddles

grotesque amount of dials and buttons

two radial dials that on an f1 wheel usually is dif and kers harvesting. they are kinda tucked on the sides

I was looking at the Thrustmaster T500, which I love but it has 2 features non existent, which is the lack of LED/shift/rev indicator and no backside on wheel clutch peddles.

Simraceway wheel sorta has a rev indicator but its really low quality.

To be honest I know that the exact wheel I want is the zroso wheel, but I am not able to go for that. Mostly because I have heard terrible service from people who ordered through them, the website seems very basic and plain as well with FAQ not updated in months and months. Rumors of emails not being answered, quick to take money, orders from April/may taking till November or December etc etc (a couple guys were threatening to call the authorities on him). 

I would love to buy their wheel but I haven't got an email back from the owner regarding some simple questions.

I have little experience modding my own wheels, I have thought about getting SLI pro and mounting it to the Thrustmaster t500 wheel but that still would not get be the rear clutch peddles.

Suggestions? Comments? Is this unrealistic?

is my only option to go through a online site that could take years and possibly not deliver my product?

Any who thank you all for giving this a read!

look forward to hearing your responses!

Hey all, brand new to this site but I have been browsing on it for sometime thought it was about time to make an account =P

Here is what I am looking for and maybe you guys could be of help! I have looked around a fair bit and I wanted to get opinions on who or where could help me

The wheel needs to have a similar LED/Shift/rev indicator to an f1 wheel (Sli pro kinda thing)

two radial dials that on an f1 wheel usually is dif and kers harvesting. they are kinda tucked on the sides

I was looking at the Thrustmaster T500, which I love but it has 2 features non existent, which is the lack of LED/shift/rev indicator and no backside on wheel clutch peddles.

To be honest I know that the exact wheel I want is the zroso wheel, but I am not able to go for that. Mostly because I have heard terrible service from people who ordered through them, the website seems very basic and plain as well with FAQ not updated in months and months. Rumors of emails not being answered, quick to take money, orders from April/may taking till November or December etc etc (a couple guys were threatening to call the authorities on him). 

I would love to buy their wheel but I haven't got an email back from the owner regarding some simple questions.

I have little experience modding my own wheels, I have thought about getting SLI pro and mounting it to the Thrustmaster t500 wheel but that still would not get be the rear clutch peddles.

is my only option to go through a online site that could take years and possibly not deliver my product?

Well mate you are not the only one looking for a that kind rim for g25/27 :) I have been looking for about a year now. It is really very hard to find something similar to you described until you are ready to spend over 600-700 euros. It is hard to find second hand roso rims and they are also not cheap. for a new one, you are quite right about your doubts which I also share. Let's not forget the look of roso's rim is also a little bit -should I say- outdated. (yeah I know I am making excuses:( )

However it is not like I am not thinking about the changes that an f1 rim can provide , it is still g25/27 base, same force feedback same smoothness..

Let me know when you find something :))

Hi this is a link to my g25 with the sli-pro you can make custom any type switches buttons you want. isrtv.com/forums/topic/4557-sli-pro-button-box/#entry32793

www.leobodnar.com/products/SLI-PRO/

Hi, I'm new to the site too... however, I should mention that I'm working on making my own carbon fiber wheel with an SLI, multiple buttons and knobs.  I haven't thought much about clutch paddles though.  I should have my first model of it done in about a month, and am hoping to make a handful to sell later in the year.

Hey all thanks for the replies! Yea I posted in another section cause I didn't see anything really come up so if you run into that just kinda ignore it I suppose. I found the F1 Mod Wheel site and it seems to mod the T500 wheel rim which is pretty cool. 

I don't mind the outdated design of the rosso wheel. Honestly other than the shape the wheel still has everything f1 wheels have on it still to this day.

I guess I will have to lurk around a little more. I found another guy who was making a really high quality wheel called SALA, if I find it again I will post the wheel. Very high quality and has all the parts I am looking for. Only problem is the 1700 pound price tag. I don't mind spending 600-900 but thats a bit much. I will keep looking I suppose!

The Sala Motorsport wheel is £1400 and you get the carbon wheel with SLI_F1 with a wired adapter of your choice and a flight case. anyone who wants to go on the list just e-mail [email protected] with your name and you will be contacted when a wheel is manufactured,  no deposit and no obligation. Look on the Leo Bodnar forum (leobodnar.com)

Thanks

Scott

Sala Motorsport.

:-P

Unfortunately after almost a year of use the S1 is starting to fall apart. They were never originally designed for FFB use and therefor are Weak in the Grip mount dept and that's where they end up failing.   If you play with Sub 75% FFB strength it might hold up ok, But Overall I personally suggest going a different route. Not to Mention the S1 has Officially been Discontinued due to Serious issues with the Board somehow flashing itself and essentially Dying.

Also if your Not interested in the Quick release portion of the Simulaje mount Just hard mount it like I did with a Flat piece of CF or Plexi.

http://s150.photobucket.com/user/davidmoxley123/library/SRW-S1%20wheel%20MOD/Wheel%20Mod%20Info%20Pics?sort=9&page=1