Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: seat w/ sliders to fit my Ricmotech RS-1

8 posts in this topic

I don't want to go 'junking' at the car 'boneyard'. Every seat I've come across is old and tattered. I don't have the tools to cut rails, etc. I just want to buy something and bolt on to my Ricmotech rig which is in the process of being built by my carpenter buddy. Help a newbie! You were all here at one time!!

Thanks.

Hello nsite,

I'm going to build the Ricmotech also.  I just bought a very nice, new, seat on eBay..leather etc with sliders.  I just did a search on 'Racing Seats" and there are hundreds on there from $30 - 750.00.

Good Luck,

cthiggin

20121127_010648_zps02275bd0.jpg

Under 20 bucks. Near perfect, but yea. I spent at least a half an hour at the salvage looking for it.   I got it on a "half off" Thanksgiving weekend. Even at that, 40 bucks regular price with leather and 8 way electric? The adjustable comfort makes it worth the effort. I did however have to set it on a few 2x2's but no big deal. So yea, was it a mere bolt on? Nope. Took about an hour to make the seat stands. Guess it's all about perspective and time. Evening, projects like this are kinda like a way of unwinding for me. I cant wait to see your finished project! The Ricmotech design is SO customizable the sky is the limit. I may NEVER get done.... :mrgreen:

Best thing i can suggest is ook on fleabay. I just got a bargain of a deal on a cobra sidewinder seat it a uk brand but retails at about £550 dunno what that is in us dollars but i got it for a mear £70. i'm thinking of building this rig as well or might just buy the gt omega as its only £159 with out the crap seat they supply with it.

cobrasidewinder_zps1fdcb44d.jpg

Yeah,I would say fleabay as well,I was able to find this seat in blue and black,come with ajustable back and sliders mounted to the seat ready to go,$139.00 shipped,very noce seat for the money.here's a pic of my ricmotech build I just finished.(Below)

Good luck in your search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181023869733?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

IMAG1667_zps0027f564.jpg

I got my seat at a local pick and pull, very clean (except all the broken glass) with sliders and all the adjustability you could want, even lumbar support, all for under $40... I grabbed the passenger seat too, just because!