Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sim Bin Race 07 Series Scored / Virtual RC / Sim Tutorials

35 posts in this topic

Hello

I see GTR2 mentioned under SimBin games on these boards. Is this the same game? I have been unable to find SimBin's GTR2 from any retailer/webtailer, any suggestions on where to buy?

Cheers

Take a look here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PI ... -1&seller=

The alternative is to go to http://www.simraceway.com/

Once there, sign up for a Pro Membership and you get GTR 2 for free, although you can only use it with the SimRaceway interface. But take a look, might be what you're after.

Or someone knows of another dealer/digital distribution platform that sells it.

Hello

I see GTR2 mentioned under SimBin games on these boards. Is this the same game? I have been unable to find SimBin's GTR2 from any retailer/webtailer, any suggestions on where to buy?

Cheers

GTR2 isn't the same as the Race series, although it uses a variant of the same physics and graphics engine.

As to suggestions on where to buy, it would help to know what country you are in :)

Hello and thank you both

I am in the US, currently bidding for the game (used) on eBay. I also found it new and used at Amazon, if I can't win my bid I guess I'll buy it new, but at ~$60 it is a bit steep. I read GTR2 is the best one in the Sim Bin series. Is that true?

Cheers

I would say no. Just my opinion, but you'd be better off spending the money on the Race 07/GTR Evolution package.

It is a later release, and you could pick up the Race On expansion to go with it, and it would be less than what you're talking about spending on GTR2. In fact, if you got it as a download from Steam the whole lot would be less than US$50. I'm sure if you scoured eBay you could pick it up for that on Disc as well.

Ahhh, I am a Mac guy, didn't know Steam sold games. Great resource thank you. I already bought GTR Evolution, I will D/L the others from Steam indeed.

I will be building a gaming PC to use with my LCD-TV sometime later this Spring (I hope), just for these games, since GT5 is vaporware so far :/

Thank you and w00t!

Ya, I feel I need to catch up on my sim racing gaming, that side of the Mac sucks. I will look to build a reasonably cheap PC but capable of playing upcoming games and a video card with high definition HDMI output for my HD-LCD TV.

Is $400 unrealistic? I don't know where/what to look for.

Cheers and thx again!

$400.. you would need to have some parts already.. You're looking at 6-800 to have something decent in my opinion.

Ya, I feel I need to catch up on my sim racing gaming, that side of the Mac sucks. I will look to build a reasonably cheap PC but capable of playing upcoming games and a video card with high definition HDMI output for my HD-LCD TV.

Is $400 unrealistic? I don't know where/what to look for.

Cheers and thx again!

$400.. you would need to have some parts already.. You're looking at 6-800 to have something decent in my opinion.

I agree. 600-800 USD is a better estimate. I think you could get something that will run rFactor, all the Simbin titles, and even iRacing pretty well for 600. If you want to plan ahead then budgeting 800 would serve you well.

I recommend http://newegg.com as a starting point.