Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB G25 parts - Found & Bought!!!

8 posts in this topic

Mother nature decided my house needed a healthy shot of lightning and fried my entire rig...

I am searching for G25 parts. I don't really need shifter or pedals.  More specifically I would like to find a  working motor control card for a g25 but would be willing to make offer on a parted out complete set up..

I'm located in USA

thanks!

@ "JackStandIII"~Ya man,that really SUCKS,happened to me last summer,BOTH my "320GB & 120GB PS3's" got deep fried,grilled & roasted to a crisp during a summer thunder storm,what really sucks is I took measures to make sure this kind of sh*t did NOT Happen,I replaced the old rusty lightning rod with a new one,along with a new heavy duty grounding wire,and bought new [what I thought to be] very decent "Surge Suppressors" for my "PC","PS3's" & "Guitar Amps",but even after all that,my PS3's still got BBQ'd,and they were not even ON,i will never get that sickening zzzzzz.."POP!" sound out of my head! lmao,

I recently bought a new 'Crystal white "500GB" PS3,and bought the best "surge suppressors" I could find,with both breakers & in line fuses..I really do not want to lose this baby in a thunderstorm..hehe.

anyway I feel your pain my friend,and wish you luck,you may have a problem finding those parts though,most guys with "G25's" are hanging on to them with both hands ever since 'Logitech" did away with the "Gated/sequential" switch selector,and the "G27's" only have a Gated H pattern & NO Sequential...which always makes me scratch my head a bit and wonder WTF logitech was thinking?

pretty much a step backward IMHO..really would have LOVED to have that feature on my "G27" 4SURE!..Cheers,good luck & gr8 racing.

I feel your pain, too!!!

Thing is, it turned my pc game rig into a big brick. I had everything on surge suppressor & batt bak/up. It also took out my hdtv, stereo equipment etc. etc.etc... So after many months I finally rebuilt it $$$ ..got it all up and running...hooked up the G25...pedals/check, shifter/check,  buttons/check , wheel ummm, wheel nuttin.. Looks like I'll have to get a G27 in the near future. I can still use my seq shifter with an adaptor from umm forgot his name but he makes all those cool button boxes etc...

Oh well, for at least the near term,  I'm keepin' hope alive :mrgreen:

Have you made sure the problem isn't just the power supply? Maybe someone can verify, but do the buttons and shifters work without power? Does the power supply just power the FFB or everything else as well? It might be worth looking into.

I have verified the pwr supply is working 23.5v - 24v. Checked all the drivers and Logitech s/ware, etc.Tried different usb ports. When I very first plugged it in, it actually started to move a bit, but then just quit and hasn't moved a bit since. Everything I can read online points to the mosfet(s) on the motor control card as the problem. They seem to be especially prone to failure on a wheel that has set idle for a period of time as this wheel has.

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate your input.