Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 Paddle Button fix?

4 posts in this topic

My G27 is about 2 years old now. I have no idea what happened, but I tried to set it up on my new PC and install the drivers, etc.

While running the calibration and button check I noticed on the screen that the right paddle was staying lit up.

I began to test out all the buttons multiple times and I notice that my left paddle was responding fine and made that little "clicking" noise as it hit the button/switch that it hits. The right one did not make the noise. Upon further inspection the button itself is not depressing all the way. It is almost as if the mechanism inside is holding the button partialy in, and it is not making that clicking noise at all.

Is there a way that this can be fixed?

G27paddlebutton2.jpg

So I took the wheel off and pulled out the little circuit board with the switched on it. I have the problem narrowed down, just not sure how to fix it. It's the wheel itself causing pressure onto the right side of the board making the little switch continually hit the button. Not sure how I am gonna fix this, but i will get it eventually.

Put the wheel back together and then push the paddle away from switch,and stop hamfisting your paddle shift in the future...I know because the same thing happened to me.Now i use 1 finger to paddle shift with...same way i type...1 finger.

Put the wheel back together and then push the paddle away from switch,and stop hamfisting your paddle shift in the future...I know because the same thing happened to me.Now i use 1 finger to paddle shift with...same way i type...1 finger.

Actually, I found out all it was was one of the bolts on the center cap of the wheel itself was in too tight. all I did was loosen it up a bit and there wasn't any more extra pressure on the panel underneath. Fixed now. I rarely use the paddle shifters, unless driving a car that has them for authenticity reasons.