Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some info and Opinions please

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I was wondering if I can get some info and opinions on the G27, I was looking at getting a T500 to get back into sim racing but recently its looking a little out of my budget so I was wondering if people could let me know about the G27 with Nixim pedals mod.

I am wondering how good the Nixim mod is on the break pedal compared to a load cell, I use to have CSP's V1 before I sold them last year so if someone can give me a comparison that would be great.

I am also wondering how the table clamp is on the G27, since I wont be able to hard mount the wheel to my desk I need I pretty sturdy table clamp and I was wondering how the G27 table clamp performs.

Also the last thing I was wondering is with the wheel being gear driven how much noise does the wheel make when being used? I use to have a Fanatec GT2 Wheel so if anyone could give an opinion on how noisy the G27 is compared to a GT2 that as well it would be much appreciated.

Stiggy

I've owned a G27 with Nixim mod and used a friend's GT2 and CSP pedals.

It's like comparing a modified VW Golf GTi with a BMW M3.  Both are great but they are not in the same market.

Bang for buck, the G27 Nixim mod is fantastic but other than value, the Fanatec hardware is better.

The Logitech wheel is very noisy when it's wrenched quickly (noisier than the Fanatec), but I only notice it when the game sounds are turned down.  With speakers on loud or headphones on, I don't notice it.  And I never had an issue with its table clamp, as long as the table is reasonably thick (I supplemented mine with a book for added thickness) and there is enough table lip to clamp onto.

If budget is your issue, get the G27 with Nixim mod.

Thanks for the reply Beef36, I know both wheels are not in the same market, I was just wondering how much of a downgrade the G27 would be from what I had, then again last time I raced was summer last year so I might not even notice the difference between them.

Yea I am looking for bang for buck really considering I am efectivley starting from scratch with the hardware.

Well I will be running with headphones anyway, I am more concerned with the noise transmitting through my desk and annoying those downstairs (the parents) but hopefully I wont be wrenching the wheel quickly too much, will be driving nice and smoothly hopefully.

Glad to hear the table clamp is up to the job too, if need be I can get a book to help like you have.

Stiggy

Thanks for the input ptux73, seems the G27 is the wheel for me then with my budget, guess I can always save up for the T500 or something just as good in a few years or so :), if anyone else can comment about this topic please feel free to do so, all the information given is much appreciated :)

Stiggy