Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want entertainment, read this: WTS: Logitec G25 $150 **Sold (for $150 cash)**

21 posts in this topic

I have a Logitec G25 that I used for about 3 months a while back... I sold it on ebay a few days ago but the buyer bailed on me so I thought I'd offer it here as it seems like people here actually come through when they say they will.  If you need pictures of have questions let me know.  I plugged in the wheel, shifter, and pedals and played a little GT5 on Playstation 3 tonight (5/16) just to make sure everything works as it should.  It did, and, just because I was curious, I plugged it in to my MacPro (using Win7) to check the calibration on it.  My replacement of the potentiometers in all 3 pedals seems to have cured, or al least cut way down on the "peakiness" of the pedals (which is the one flaw that this setup seems to connsistently have).  Anyway, it seems to function better than I remember it did when it was new.  That said, I have a new ECCI setup so I no longer have any use for this puppy so I am offerinng it to yall.
This comes with extras that I have yet to install in the actual unit including additional springs for the pedals, an extra potentiometer (or 3 depending if I can find the 2 others I have), and better shielded wiring.
I can ship, and will take Moneygram/ Western Union or paypal if I have to.  Everything currently works well as I just tested it (all of it, pedals, shifter, and wheel) when I sold it about a week ago. $150 OBO ...

*Sorry for the erratta down the post... I don't HAVE to sell this, thus I have little patience for folks talking about the price when I could easily sell this to some hoarder/spoiled kid who won't appreciate what they have. I enjoy the content here and MOST of the folks are pretty chilled out and super helpful.
* Still available 5/20

I hope you're open to some info. Please don't take it as criticism. The G25 is a rather older wheel. Although still a good wheel, it has been preceded by the G27 for a number of years now. The G27 can be purchased off of Amazon and Newegg for about $200 with free shipping. It seems that they have them on sale regularly. Might be something to consider if you want this thing to be off your hands in a hurry. Specially since the G25 is out of it's warranty period. I hope you find this helpful.

I hope you're open to some info. Please don't take it as criticism. The G25 is a rather older wheel. Although still a good wheel, it has been preceded by the G27 for a number of years now. The G27 can be purchased off of Amazon and Newegg for about $200 with free shipping. It seems that they have them on sale regularly. Might be something to consider if you want this thing to be off your hands in a hurry. Specially since the G25 is out of it's warranty period. I hope you find this helpful.
Here's a used one that sold on ebay for $200 plus shipping yesterdayhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-G25-Force-Feedback-Racing-wheel-with-Six-Speed-Shifter-and-Pedals-/181065736355?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2a285be0a3.  Why would I leave money on the table just because I posting here, where someone that buys it might actually use it?  I've seen you do this to like 4 different people who are just asking the going rate (or best offer) for them.  Logitec is talking about not making any of these sort of periferals anymore which will make them even more desirable (what are you going to do, go out and pick up a used FREX wheel pedals and shifter for a couple hundered dollars? You made your point like 2 thead-kills ago, there is no need to keep on making the same exact point (did you change the words or just cut and paste), as if I didn't check to see what they were going for elsewhere in this forum.

The G27 is $300 at newegg, and I can't remember the last time I saw it "on sale" for $200.... Perhaps you could enlighten me... Furthermore, what does, "Might be something to consider if you want this thing to be off your hands in a hurry," mean? Consider what? How would whatever you want me to "consider" help me sell this? It seems to me I could slap it back on ebay for... um... $150 and have to deal with the nonsennse that entails while selling it to some compulsive shopper who may or may not use it, or I could sell it here, for fair market value (OBO)to an enthusiest.

Chill there Posi, Lowfuzzy has a good point. While $175 won't break too many folks you can get a G27 for just a little more. You know the old sayings, "buyer beware" and my personal favorite, "if you can get it, good for you"

Wow, you  must think I put a real hurt in your behind or something. Do what you want. I have no regrets on my comment. Here's Amazon selling a G27 for $236 with free shipping and warranty.  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359577646&sr=8-1&keywords=g27  Keep an eye on the web, they get even less expensive. With regards to  "Logitec is talking about not making any of these sort of periferals anymore", they stopped making the G25 a long time ago. I don't see how Logitech's decision even applies to an already long discontinued product. As for the G27, nobody knows what's going to happen. All we know is that they said they're going to stop making console peripherals. The G27 is a PC peripheral as well as a console peripheral. For now, a G27 is still being sold and when purchased new, it has a warranty. Anyway, you obviously have hard feelings. I don't man. Wether you find this helpful or not, there is nothing here that isn't already known by others on this site. As for being a thread killer, I'll just leave that to your imagination. Have a good one. =0)

Oh, and why on earth would I find what you said "helpful"?

hey posimosh, dont come on here just to try and sell an old piece of kit and start bashing one of our members for giving good advice, what is your problem dude, fuzzy is right your asking way over the odds for an outdated wheel, i suggest you give it away to someone who will appreciate it, this might also give you a sense of well being and make up for the fact that your not a very nice person

Wow, you  must think I put a real hurt in your behind or something. Do what you want. I have no regrets on my comment. Here's Amazon selling a G27 for $236 with free shipping and warranty.  http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-941-000045-G27-Racing-Wheel/dp/B001NT9TK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359577646&sr=8-1&keywords=g27  Keep an eye on the web, they get even less expensive. With regards to  "Logitec is talking about not making any of these sort of periferals anymore", they stopped making the G25 a long time ago. I don't see how Logitech's decision even applies to an already long discontinued product. As for the G27, nobody knows what's going to happen. All we know is that they said they're going to stop making console peripherals. The G27 is a PC peripheral as well as a console peripheral. For now, a G27 is still being sold and when purchased new, it has a warranty. Anyway, you obviously have hard feelings. I don't man. Wether you find this helpful or not, there is nothing here that isn't already known by others on this site. As for being a thread killer, I'll just leave that to your imagination. Have a good one. =0)

Thats funny, it says 256 plus shipping... Hmmmmm...

It would be one thing if he did it once, or if I was trying to rip people off, but considering that he has done 4 times to people selling G25's (no matter the price) its just rude.  Its like, "ha ha you are stuck with hardware that you dont want (or need to sell), and its old and probably doesn't work or won't work for much longer. BTW did I mention it costs like 40 bucks to ship it?"... 

Is the price not fair? I'm covering shipping for $175 which is a lot better than anything new or used at Amazon.  Furthermore, Amazon DOES NOT have "free" shipping.  The sellers there include the shipping costs in the price of the good or charge you for shipping.  Also, contrary to what you said, there is no warranty for G25's anymore as logitec has ended the support life on these (the warranty was 60 replacement, which would be hard to do considering they havent been made in what? 5 years now.  So you might as well buy a used se from me for $145 plus shipping, or 175 with "free" shipping that actually works and isnt DOA. Plus some people refuse to return things unless it is absolutely nessasary, even if you did find this mythical $150 G25 with a 5 year warranty (and free shipping), if its doa and you wannt to RMA it (even though you cant in the real world), are you telling my that logitec, or Amazon would cover shipping on the return? I don't think so.

As for my "imagination" about killing threads, there is 1 other thread of a person selling a g25, where you said the exact same thing that you did about mine (and thats just on the 1st and second page of threads here), and there isn't exactly a free and open exchange of banter on them.  So, my imagination calls this thread killing, what would you call it?

OBO means.... I'm not nessasarily looking for the 175, it simply means THATS HALF OF WHAT IT IS AT NEWEGG, and you don't have to pay tax or shipping, AND the product works.  I am not selling this here because I need the money, or I'm trying to get over on someone, or I'm dillusional with a wild "imagination", I'm simply posting here because maybe someone will want to use it.  That is all... I will be posting it back on Amazon next monday for the same price at which point it will be sold within a few hours (like it was last week). Hopefully this time the buyer won't back out...

Lastly, I didn't pass any judgement on you, I simply said that what you are doing is rude, you can agree or not, thats your call, but to say I'm "not a vary nice person" without answering the primary question I asked in response to your comment, then lieing about the price (shipping and tax) of this elsewhere, is what? Does that make you a liar? Did I call you that? No... All I did was point out the fact that you are posting information that is not helpful to the people that are looking to get or sim racing hardware on this forum.  The fact that someone would buy this without comparing prices elsewhere in this forum and on the net, is a bit of a stretch.  If they did they would read what you said in other posts of people trying to sell g25's which, for my money is a better unit because of the heartier construction, modability, and combo shifter than the G27 you got for "$150 new" (or whatever you said) which I find very hard to believe considering you spend pounds in the UK I believe.  So again, I ask, why are you posting repeatedly in threads with people selling the g25 as if perspective buyers who know how to use the search function will not have read what you said in the other threads?

To be fair, if you're not interested in the goods for sale, you're being a busy body. Let the free market do its job. This thread would have sunk or swam based on that, without the drama. People are not stupid and what someone is willing to pay is up to them. My .02

If anyone is a member at iRacing here is a G25 with a AP Electrix load cell and Leo Bodner cable for $150.00 http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/2515893.page   

You know shipping is like 60 bucks right?

To be fair, if you're not interested in the goods for sale, you're being a busy body. Let the free market do its job. This thread would have sunk or swam based on that, without the drama. People are not stupid and what someone is willing to pay is up to them. My .02

Thanks

man... Decided to sell this elsewhere (and almost got robbed doing

so... for a frikking racing wheel??!?!?) Anyway, I dropped the price. If

yer interested let me know, I'll ship, take paypal, etc.

Hey Mayaman that was a very wise and logical thing to say. So kudos for that comment.

I just now read this thread and I felt bad for posimosh for even trying to sell anything in here. He was belittled and basically had to defend himself just for trying to sell a piece of plastic. Most of the comments were unnecessary and just BS. If people want to offer their "advise", then just PM the seller and keep it out of thread, because it doesn't help in the thread. If the seller can get the price he wants, then so be it. Unless you're interested in buying the item, then I'm sure the seller doesn't want to hear your opinion, unless he asks for it.

I'm pretty new to this forum and I'm sure someone will flame me for my comment, but in the few months I've been here it seems like a common occurrence when someone lists something for sale, it turns into a pissing contest. Maybe the members that have been here longer don't see it that way, but that's what I've observed. Now posimosh may not want to hear my opinion either...lol, but felt like I had to comment.

Peace