Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simvibe Setup Tutorial by Inside Sim Racing

61 posts in this topic

Our guide to get the most out of Simvibe.  In this video we show you most of the details on how to install and get Simvibe running.  This video comes after our actual review of Simvibe that can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1CslGfFCg    We show you the parts that you are going to need, we show you how to install those parts.  And then we go through all of the tweaks that you can do to the software.

Our guide to get the most out of Simvibe.  In this video we show you most of the details on how to install and get Simvibe running.  This video comes after our actual review of Simvibe that can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs1CslGfFCg    We show you the parts that you are going to need, we show you how to install those parts.  And then we go through all of the tweaks that you can do to the software.

Thanks guys, this is something that's been needed.

What Mode do you prefer?

Chassis or Extended?

Is it posible to Mix both with the Second Sound Card, or do i Need a third One?

Sorry about my Bad English.

Greetz from Stuttgart

Rudi

You Guys do a Great Job!

Gr8 review guys. One concern is that my Sim Commander software that I got with my motion rig seems to lack certain function compared to your simvibe software, but I will take that up with Berney. You mention another channel called steering, is that already enabled in the software and how do we access it? Mine only shows pedals, seat and shifter.

Thank you for all the great info guys! I just finished initial setup in extensions mode with dayton 70w amp and one aura shaker under my seat. Also running soundblaster X-fi for second sound card.

All I can say is what a differance just one of these shakers make! From the moment you are sitting in your cockpit with the vibrations matching engine revs, you know that this is gonna be good. Plan on full chassis mode as soon as more transducers arrive!

Thanks again......

One thing that would be a nice addition would be the ability to define the root folder for your installed sims. You mentioned that the Simvibe software can detect your installed applications but only if they're located in their default folders. All of my sims are installed on Drive D: under a main "Sims" folder. If this folder could be specified within the Simvibe software then it could easily detect all of my installed sims, despite none of them being installed in their default location.

Shaun that is SO freaking cool! I JUST did a Clark Transducer on my sim today. Bad as that is, your little project here is making me believe maybe I'm not quite done. Men and boys...price of their toys...geez.... WILL IT EVER END! By the time I'm done I probably could have had a good start on a REAL car... But hey...in my sim I can drink and drive. Just don't tell the Wagoner Country Sheriff about it...there's probably a law somewhere making drinking and driving in a racing sim illegal and a 500 dollar fine...money that I'm saving for a CLubsport Shifter (if it's ever released)....just saying... :eek:

One thing that would be a nice addition would be the ability to define the root folder for your installed sims. You mentioned that the Simvibe software can detect your installed applications but only if they're located in their default folders. All of my sims are installed on Drive D: under a main "Sims" folder. If this folder could be specified within the Simvibe software then it could easily detect all of my installed sims, despite none of them being installed in their default location.

You can do this.

You can do this.
One thing that would be a nice addition would be the ability to define the root folder for your installed sims. You mentioned that the Simvibe software can detect your installed applications but only if they're located in their default folders. All of my sims are installed on Drive D: under a main "Sims" folder. If this folder could be specified within the Simvibe software then it could easily detect all of my installed sims, despite none of them being installed in their default location.
Two ways to do it

Duplicate whatever game already detected by simvibe then in its setting change location of game exe file, or

Start new by adding a game then in settings it will ask you where the game is installed

Two ways to do it

Duplicate whatever game already detected by simvibe then in its setting change location of game exe file, or

Start new by adding a game then in settings it will ask you where the game is installed

Indeed but this has to be done manually for every sim . If you could simply dictate the root folder (where Simvibe would start searching from) then Simvibe could automatically detect all sims installed underneath it.

Your review inspired me to add another chanel to my setup. I now have 10 transducers, two for each corner, two for the pedals and a BK for the shifter. Time to vibrate some body parts :)

Im using 12 transducers and get some shake.  Im so glad you guys shared this because I hadnt even seen the section where I could add wind and vertical forces.   That makes a big difference!  THe wind factor alone is pretty BA.

Just got an email for a package from buttkicker for 4 mini lfe's and two amps. Funny how that happens after your video stating that your surprised they have not come out with something like this already.

I cant seem to add Dirt 3 or F1 2012 from my steam account to Sim Commander. It auto detected GTR evolution and Race 07. Anyone had this problem?

Thankfully iRacing works fine.

Thanks for the review, Simvibe has made my Buttkicker....Kick Butt.

i'm also keen to get some more cheaper transducers [240v buttkickers are $260 ea in Australia].Any suggestions would be great

Please help. I have successfully installed sim commander3 and my new sound card( Asus DGX 5.1). I am running extensions mode from the sound card to my single buttkicker.

I have a digital optical cable running from the optical out of my mother board to my speakers. Now that I have installed the new sound card, it has used the output of the new sound card as default sound source and I have lost sound to my speakers. The audio is however running to the buttkicker but not to my speakers. The Realtek device system that was originally running my speakers does not show up in the manage audio devices section of the control panel.  Can anyone tell me how I can configure my system so I can choose where my audio sources go to. I can't find where to do this. I'm running windows 7.

Are you trying to run this all off of built in devices?  This might be your problem as Simvibe needs a separate PCIe sound card that it can take exclusive control of.

No, I have a separate sound card.

It sounds like you have somehow lost the onboard drivers and your new card is set to default.

Try reinstalling your motherboard audio again and set that as the default. Sounds like simvibe is ok.

Hey guys, I really enjoyed you review of the SimVibe software and like you I have been waiting for about 2 years for someone to create a software like this to run my Buttkicker Gamer 2. I purchased the software and a Creative Lab 5.1 PCI Express sound card and set it up in extentions mode. iRacing, LFS, DIRT2(steam), Race07(Steam) all work great.

My problem is I can't get anything out of rFactor2. Sim Commander 3 detected rfactor2 like it did with the other sims and when I click on the Icon to start the sim, it lauches the sim and I get nothing when on the track. When I alt-tab back out to Sim Commander, it says that it is waiting for the game to lauch. and  Sim-commander stops responding to my mouse commands and It freezes up. If I launch rfactor2 first and then click on the Icon it says "joining and already running application" but I still get nothing and it freezes up again. Is this happing to anyone else?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

I prefer to use both.  It truly is best that way.

I agree, this is a must have.   I cant say that enough.  This combined with my motion is just nuts.

And what exactly did it cost for motion? I'm thinking around 1500 bucks and some work from the kits I've seen. What say you?

Saw the tutorial and ordernd immediately 4 buttkicker gamer 2 and installed them and Simvibe to my rig. Really impressive. But I have one big problem. The 4 buttkicker amps do not save the volume settings. So I have to set it up new every time when I start my simulator. All my equipment is connected by a power Off switch. Any ideas? Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings from Austria

Sascha