Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would YOUR Dream Mod be?

12 posts in this topic

The post over in the Garage RE: the special Derek Daly announcement inspired me to create this post... Is there a mod that you would LOVE to see made? Perhaps a series or era of racing that has somehow been overlooked by the modding community?

For me, it would be the Golden era of prototype racing, namely the IMSA GTP series. I raced RC road cars during this era, where putting prototype bodies on the sleek RC pan chassis' of the time (the Associated RC10L, the Composite Craft Predator and Lynx, the Bolink Eliminator...) were all the rage. I used to race competitively in the Florida State Electric Racing series, and we used to duplicate the liveries of our favorite race teams! I personally had painted the Jaguar in Castrol GTX colors, the Chevy Intrepid in EDS colors, and the Nissan NPTI Blue, with Red and White trim.

It would be AWESOME to re-live my youth, driving those cars in a sim!

What dream mod would YOU love to see made?

I don't know what you would call it, but those multi-car/multi-class races through real-world locals and streets, like from the Herbie movies. Like Herbie the Love Bug and Herbie Goes to Monaco, etc... :lol:

Whatever those were called and set in that era.

I don't know what you would call it, but those multi-car/multi-class races through real-world locals and streets, like from the Herbie movies. Like Herbie the Love Bug and Herbie Goes to Monaco, etc... :lol:

Whatever those were called and set in that era.

I always hoped for something like this for racing and for other types of games like Grand Theft Auto lol. There is a game that uses satelite imagery from a top view ala Google Earth/Maps, I believe its called Last Man Standing.

A really tidy Formula Ford or Formula Vee mod. They seem like slim pickings at the moment, but they're one of the most popular ways of getting into motorsports (at least in Australia and Britain that is). I've never tried netKar Pro but that looks like a pretty good sim...

A really tidy Formula Ford or Formula Vee mod. They seem like slim pickings at the moment, but they're one of the most popular ways of getting into motorsports (at least in Australia and Britain that is). I've never tried netKar Pro but that looks like a pretty good sim...

There is a formula ford mod W.I.P on the way soon i believe. it's looking quite good so far

EDIT: I've posted some videos in the simtube section of two seperate rFactor Mods. One seems to be quite old the other looks hopeful for release

I'm a big fan of touring car racing. The racing is close, you don't have to be Gregor Hutu to drive the things and the race lengths are perfect for sim racing. Not many of us have the time to do two or three hour races, let alone full blown endurance races.

Of course we do have quite a few touring car mods but I'd love any of the following

British Touring Car Championship 2009. A very close championship with several competitve cars and the choice of front or rear wheel drive. Plus the tracks are superb. I know there have been some attempts at this mod but my dream mod would include all the cars, all the tracks and would reproduce the race format with weight penalties and reverse grid for the final race.

British Touring Car Championship 1996. A bit like 2009 - the championship wasn't so close but the mix of cars is even better including front, rear or four wheel drive options.

GT Legends has shown us historic racing can be great fun, so why not a mod on the pinnacle of historic racing? A Goodwood Revival mod. I suppose you could get bored of the one track but its a great track and the variety of cars is just incredible.

I also have some favourite Touring Car Championships from the 60s and 70s but I'm working on making these dream mods come true :)

Go to http://kodafactory.blogspot.com... I downloaded a BTCC livery pack some time ago for the BMW's (RACE '07/GTR Evo, etc.)... Sure, it's not quite the same, but IT's something.

Alex Koda also did a BTCC livery set for an older BTCC mod for rFactor. Same liveries, just for that particular mod. If I remember correctly, he provided a link for the BTCC mod as well.

How about some full on monster truck racing mod. Including a free style competition with points as well as stadium racing and such. And it has as much detail in the driving model as possible. Like an authentic experience. Running around dirt courses, stadium tracks, free style events. The works!

That's just one of my many dream mods. It's something totally unique to sim racing I think.

Okay, I've found the trump here for all racing mods.

Check this out. This would be pure awesome to race. Truck racing is unique because there isn't another form of racing I can think of where you get a vehicle that heavy with that bad of handling and strap a rocket to it.

Those trucks are awesome! But look hard as hell to drive. :lol:

I'd love to have a hardcore rock climbing sim. I'm not sure what game would make a great base for that, but regardless I'd love to have it in a sim.