Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atari is dead

6 posts in this topic

so i was wondering why tdu2 has been having so many online problems and i found this bit of info

http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=243 and seems after 40 years of bussiness atari filed bank ruptcy and no one knows what the future of tdu2 server is but i just wanna say its definetly the best open world game ive seen everthing  from ai to voiceovers maybe horrible but its the thrill of the open road that this game recreates like no other and ive been a fan of test drive series forever since my first game ever test drive(2000) for the pc and i just wanna say thanks atari

thats sad news, my first ever game was pole position on the big old wood effect 2600, thankyou atari, you will be remembered with fondness
hehehe~while "Pole Position" was not my first game, [the amazing "PONG" was..lmao]it certainly was one of my Favorites,and remember staying up till the wee hours of the morning playing the sh*& out of it,and thought it was the coolest thing ever,because I did not have to feed it quarters like the pole position @ the Arcade,but also remember really missing that WHEEL,lol, and of course we had "Space Invaders" & "Missle Command" ;)..there was also a very strange title called "Wizard of War" that was really ahead of it's time & very kewl,you know it is funny man,me and a buddy were @ a local Gamestop a few days ago,and there were 2 kids [probably 14 or 15] trying to figure out what Game they were going to buy,they were browsing @ the "FPS" Section and could not seem to make up their mind,so I asked if they were into SciFi Fps's at all,because there was a used copy of "Resistance Fall of Man" for $2.99,which I Informed them,is one of the single best scifi FPS's ever made..so this little turd looks at me and sez "Nah! that game sucks!my brother has it & I never even tried playing it because the Graphics look all "OLD" and Shi*&y,I dont want to play an "OLD" game!I am Looking for something with "Awesome Graphics" and a lot of Blood!..hahaha, my buddy just looked at me and shook his head,but @ least we both learned something that day,and that is, stupid things like "Game play",Story Line,Character Development,& Immersion are not factors in the genetic makeup of a gr8 Game..Because the ONLY Things that matter are Awesome Graphics & [of course] LOTS & LOTS of Blood!..hahaha;)