Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NASCAR The Game Inside Line Review

7 posts in this topic

It's not available here in the uk so I had to import it for my PS3 from PlayAsia $57 (£36). This is a reasonable price for PS3 games here in the UK. I've turned all the aids off and tried both hard and champ difficulty level. However, no matter how I set the car up, or how many upgrades I buy the car has the same problems: 1. It's way too slow on initial acceleration from the start and I lose 10 or so places. 2. On short ovals the AI out accelerates me down the short straights meaning i'm stuck in whatever position i end up in after the first lap. 3. On the long circuits, after the second lap i'm drafting and overtaking much too easy meaning i've gained back my 10 places and have a boring ride out front. Now if I could get the car accelerating quicker, and we can have a developer patch to speed up the AI on the long straights this would be a very nice game. Or maybe it's just that the AI is accelerating quicker than it should and therefore is being slowed down on the straights to fudge a realistic lap time?

Just a quick update on this. I upped the accelerator sensitivity to 100% and I'm no longer being left for dead so badly at the start - still lose 2 or 3 places though.

Apparently the AI slowdown on long straights is caused by a less than optimum merge algorithm and this is supposed to be improved in the imminent patch for the PS3. If so I can see myself putting in many hours in single player :)

I rented this title yesterday for the PS3, and after setting the steering deadzone in the game to 0%, I am enjoying this title. Nothing beats iRacing as fas as simulating NASCAR, but this is a cool diversion title. The physics arent bad. Considering picking this up. The question just remains for which platform...PS3 or PC. I assume there will be mods available for the PC version.