Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dfgt problem

9 posts in this topic

my brand new dfgt wheel is having the so popular problem with the brake sticking at 2 or 3 percent..if i open it do i lost the guarantee? ...due to the problem being so popular... is it worthy to ask for a replacement?...

I had the Driving Force Pro, and I had the same problem. There are instructions on the internet with pictures to show you how to repair it.

I had to repair mine multiple times, and eventually I just bought a G27.

You have to take the pedals apart and all I did was take the wire to the brake connection off, and then put it back on again.

If you recently bought it ask for a replacement.

Regards

"martiniboss"~well my friend,depending on where you bought your 'DFGT" has a lot to do with your options..if you bought it from "Logitech" Directly,and it is still under warranty,just inform them of your problem & they will hook you right up,you will have to send it back..[they will mail you a box W/ return address already on it] pretty much the same thing with "Amazon.com"...I strongly recommend you do NOT open the casing or tamper with it in any way,because this will Void the warranty for sure..the 'DFGT" is a fantastic wheel for the $$$ & I keep 2 of them for backups,but those damn cheesy pedals are it's downfall,the wheel itself is a winner IMHO,but the pedals? CRAP! I know it is really tempting to try and fix it yourself,& if it is no longer under warranty,then the ole WD~40 may help...but if it is still covered under warranty & you send it back full of wd40 spray,I can Guarantee they will Void your warranty,if you have the funds,my advise would be to buy a "G27" right now,send the 'DFGT" back [untempered with..hehe] and keep the 'DFGT" for a backup/road wheel when it returns.good luck & gr8 Racing M8:)

i went to where i bought it and they replaced it without a problem so now i have a brand new wheel ...im from chile and here these sim racing sport is not so popular so its imposible to find clubsport pedals or any kind of alternative pedals...and sadly i cant afford a g25/g27 (since the dfgt was a gift from my parents or santa lol.....so anyway i think these pedals are working fine ...maybe a bungee cord in the brake pedal will make it feel a little beter..now im planning to make my own rig ... other than clubsport pedals what pedals are there that work with the dfgt?

i went to where i bought it and they replaced it without a problem so now i have a brand new wheel ...im from chile and here these sim racing sport is not so popular so its imposible to find clubsport pedals or any kind of alternative pedals...and sadly i cant afford a g25/g27 (since the dfgt was a gift from my parents or santa lol.....so anyway i think these pedals are working fine ...maybe a bungee cord in the brake pedal will make it feel a little beter..now im planning to make my own rig ... other than clubsport pedals what pedals are there that work with the dfgt?

place a squash ball behind the brake pedal if your after a bit more resistance, glad things worked out

with Momo and DFGT, you can try recalibration a few times.  Other than that, you should set deadzones to take up brake action that is constant.  Momo and DFGT pedals have this problem alot multiple reasons.

- DIRT: your feet are on this, threads, lint, hair, carpet material, dog/cat hair anything! gets in there.  You can try to take it apart and clean it up!  Beware of where the parts go back, I will not take responsibility for anything you do.

- Torsion springs in pedals sometimes work a little loose from their slots and don't return pedal to 0%

- Lack of grease or grease contaminated with dirt, etc.

- Potentiometer stops (little tangs on pot) that hold it still are moving and not allowing pedal to turn the pot back to 0%.  Place shims or glue tang in place.

To modify pedal resistance, install extra torsion spring of different diameter or strength, or link some extension springs to the pedals and anchor at heel point.

TwiceDead

Squash Ball Mod cures the "GT5 can't calibrate the brake pedal causing the dragging brakes" problem. Also makes the brake feel "real". I would recommend this versus bending the springs or other mods,especially on a new DFGT that is under warranty. I cut 4 opposing slots in the squash ball to let the air in and out making it a bit softer and pushed the ball in from the top as far as it would go,causing it to rest low on the pedal and bottom plate. When this is done you can still see the original pedal stop.Be sure to center the ball as it can be pushed off to one side and potentially get inside the pedal assembly. At first it will feel very stiff but give yourself time to get used to the feel. I just thought I would pass this info along to everyone. It also works well in iRacing preventing sudden skidding. However iRacing calibrates the pedals and wheel better than GT5 and I never had the "sticking brakes" in iRacing with the same DFGT. Being a bit of a perfectionist I was irritated that my brand new DFGT had the brake dragging issue. I am pleased with this mod and I have no decrease in braking performance and I can race with or without shoes on. Enjoy the drive my friends.......