Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Button boxes

7 posts in this topic

As long as it can interface correctly with the sim that your'e using it would be perfect.  I myself am beginning to use android tablet for these things instead of the actual hardware, mainly due to the price

I bought a DSD Track boss, never thought I would use it or if it would be worth it.. But as I needed more buttons and the buttons on my wheel was occupied I had two choices.

- Use keyboard

- Buy buttonbox (Dont have smartphone etc)

I will just say that I dont use all the buttons on my track boss just yet but the added immersion and realism is just amazing!

You might dont think that the price is right but for me it was the perfect add-on to my rigg!

I also have the DSD Track boss, and have nearly all buttons mapped apart from 2 or 3. I have never tried i HUD but i do run Dashmeterpro on a tablet and mobile phone at the same time. I would recommend a DSD button box if you have £60 around $90. :)

Cheers

I say it's worth a go and if you like it then keep it, otherwise upgrade to a real button box, although the optimal is really to have as many buttons on the wheel as you can rather than use a button box - particularly in light of the Rift.

I use to use an iPod Touch for the same purpose but I stopped using it mainly because I was forever forgetting to charge the damn thing particularly since I used it for other purposes.