Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G25 settings for profiler and ingame for F12012 PC

4 posts in this topic

Brand new member here.  Long time simracer.  Love this site, it is great to have well in depth reviews on everything to the sims we love and gear.  That being said I am in the mist of just starting to play F12012, Big formula 1 fan and have been racing f1 sims since Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix and forward.  My question is what are good settings for the G25 properties and ingame settings on F1 2012.  What I am finding is the default settings are not accurate or too slow.  I am looking for real wheel reaction.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have the older codemaster F1 games but I never had to really mess the settings before.  

Thanks a lot, and guys keep up the great work.

Racerx41 (Chris)

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the site and thanks for stopping by.  

I would start by setting your Logitech profiler to no more than 320 degrees of rotation. Maybe even lower to like 270. That will make it more of a one to one experience. 

What are the rest of your settings at in the profiler ? ?

Thanks, Darin for welcoming me to the forum.  I never really messed around with the profiler just the properties in windows for the wheel.  But I will take your advice and play around with the rotation settings.  I guess it is going to just take me playing with them until I like it.  

On another topic, I will be posting some pics of my home office rig, and my profile to put a face with a name.  Been really busy lately as I am sure all of your are adjusting to your new settings.  I will be attending CES this year with the company I work for.  I also attended the US grandprix and will post pictures of that.  Since I know you said on earlier shows that you are now a die hard F1 fan, I really hope you get to attend a race in the coming years before they go to V6 turbos.  I have pictures of the historics running around also.  I was sitting in turn 4, really fast section of S curves.  

I can't thank you and Shawn enough for all your work on your site and information that you provide for us simracers.  I bought the plans for the ricmotech and have been holding off on building it because I just got done watching your obutto revolution review.  That would be more for my use having a home office and then playing sims and FPS or my PS3 on the same rig would be nice.  And I am ready for triple screens!  I think that would be the rig for me.  

Well I look forward to discussing more topics with the forum members and you guys.  Keep up the great work in all that you do.  

Darrin here is my Home office RIG.  It is what it is, but like you said I am racing.  Tweaked in the G25 last night doing champions mode on F1 2012.  Think I have it right now.  I am probably going to build my new system sometime in the next couple of months.  Since moving from Houston to NOLA for my job, going to a house to a town home kinda cut away a lot of my space, so I am doing what I can with what I have.  I will start a new thread with some of my pictures from COTA if they will fit might have to scale them down a bit.  LOL.

post-12019-0-33444500-1357265396_thumb.j