Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Refurbished G27?

12 posts in this topic

im thinking of buying a logitech G27 Refurbished. is it worth buying it? it costs 189$ right now... that seems like a good price to me. but will it last is the big thing. my logitech MOMO has lasted me... over 4 years now so logitech does make lasting products but who knows what a Refurbished has gone through in its life. so in short. do you guys think its a good deal enough to fork out 189$?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=13_195_199&item_id=029871

P.S im in Canada

you missed some very good specials last week ... 189$ at futureshop.ca and 199$ at ncix.ca ... They are now both back at 299$ this week ...

There is 1 left here for 223$:
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12660AC4090&vpn=941-000045&manufacture=LOGITECH

234$ here:
http://www.computers-canada.ca/store/products/1027002173/941-000045/Logitech/

I would not buy refurbish wheels ...

If it's a Logitech factory refurb, I'd buy with reasonable confidence... and the part number is just the Logi part number with an R at the end. I've never gone to Logitech with an issue they haven't made right.

If it's a Logitech factory refurb, I'd buy with reasonable confidence... and the part number is just the Logi part number with an R at the end. I've never gone to Logitech with an issue they haven't made right.

if it has warranty from logitech then yes, id agree with this, no warranty no sale for me, call them and ask for details on what has been refurbished. ive owned a g27 and never had an issue, but i drive smooth, ive just handed it down to my nephew who is 21, we set it up and he was stomping on pedals and sawing at the wheel like a man possesed, i had to show him how too use it right, my point is in the wrong hands(feet) these wheels can take a battering

I have just bought a refurbished G27 from Ebay for £180 and so far it is working very well. Although it only comes with a 30 day warranty, I have saved £50 on the cost of a brand new one.

It is seller refurbished rather than by Logitech which admittedly has me a little concerned. I spent hours watching the Inside Sim Racing youtube channel and decided I wanted a G27 and when I went to Ebay this refurbished G27 only had a couple of minutes left, so I bought it without much time to think about it.

Hopefully it will be fine and I will have got a real bargain.

I was just looking at that wheel, I've had my heart set on the G27 for a while now, the wheel has some age but, it seems to be the best buy for less then 300 dollars in Canada ATM(Are there anyother wheels at that price point with the same quailtiy as logitech?) , I was wondering if you've dropped the bomb and picked one up? if so how is it ?

I'm in Saskatchewan, I found a wheel on Kijiji for $300.00 when G27's where pretty much unavailable immediately unless you wanted to shell out 700-900 bucks on eBay.  Mine was used with no warranty but basically still brand new.  The only problem I have had with mine(since Feb 2011) is the 2 screws that hold the mount for the optic sensor board loosened and it was losing center on the steering wheel.  You Tube showed me how to solve the problem.  I bought a GTEYE progressive spring for the brake pedal on eBay for $30.00 and suggest you do the same, especially if racing on Gran Turismo.  There is no adjustment for the brakes on Gran Tursimo.  With this progressive rate spring it gives you a more realistic feel, more braking requiring more pressure on the pedal.  The stock spring is linear so you brake by how far you push the pedal, not by how hard you press on the brake.  Bang for buck, the G27 to me is the best, and GREAT customer support.