Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help Forza 4 Game Setting Options

4 posts in this topic

Help! I am having an issue with my CSR Elite pedals and Forza 4. Keep in mind they are new with just a few hours on them. The throttle gives me a dead spot off the line. A bad one. Everytime. I figured a bad potentiometer. Then I ran into some in-depth game setting. One of which is a few adjustments having what looks like throttle adjustments. Could this be the cause of the off idle dead spot? I'm a little leery of changing setting that I don't know what are. Anyone care to elaborate? This "dead spot" is SO bad it's leaving me with not wanting to use the pedals. If I set the wheel up to work the gas and brake it doesn't do it. No hesitation at all. But hey, I want to use the Elite pedals and I miss my clutch. The brakes on the CSR Elite has to be felt to be believed. It FEELS like there's a power brake booster. It also "feels" like you can tell when the imaginary calipers begin to grab the imaginary rotors...Loving it! Can't wait until it's working as it should!

Are you using an H-Shifter?  I've heard quite a few people mention that there is a bug in the game with an h-shifter engaged where it causes you to suffer a momentary pause at the start of the race.  Most people tend to overcome this disadvantage at the start because of their quicker application of clutch through the race but for time trials and rivals mode it's a real bugger.

look at the advanced wheel settings in the game and make sure that the ( acceleration inside deadzone is set to 1 - and the outside deadzone is any where between 95 to 100 - according to your taste )

if the settings are already like this then you have a pedal problem.

also look at the game telemetry while driving - the accelerator bar should start to register as soon as you barely press the throttle .