Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 Degrees of rotation issues. (iRacing).

7 posts in this topic

So I just bought iracing and a g27 and the issue im having is properly setting up the wheel to turn correctly. The Logitech profiler had the degrees of rotation set at 200 and after setting up the wheel with iracing i would turn the wheel 90degrees and thats as far as it would allow/was necessary to fully turn the cars wheel ingame. To turn it anymore was pointless and also met with the resistence the wheel gives off, is it normal to feel so much resistence when just turning? so i went into the logitech profiler and changed the degrees of rotation to 900 and then set the wheel up on iracing and its even worse. Im new to both wheels and sims so i dont really know what im doing and would really appreciate any help.

Im not sure where to check the calibration on iracing, unless your reffering to the inupt calibration/steering section, which ive gone threw 100times now. I also dont own a ps3 or any other racing games for pc so i cant test it but its brand new so im sure its fine. Its just myself not really understanding the settings i guess, and unsure wether what im feeling through the wheel is what im supposed to be feeling. mainly though i just figure i should be able to turn the wheel more than 90degrees in either direction before its as far as it will go.

keep your wheel at 900 in the profiler.Check center spring but have slider at 0.set FFB at 107.set all other sliders at 0.Make sure you check to allow game to control settings.

In iRacing enter a server and click on calibrate wheel.turn all the way left then right and push done.iRacing used to preach turn the wheel left until the numbers read 900 but now I'm reading that you turn the wheel 90 degrees only watching the animated wheel on screen the push done.My CSW is 880 and the think the G27 is about the same.now center the wheel and push done.

FFB settings are very subjective and vary depending on who you talk to.The G27 is not a strong FFB wheel and so clipping will occur at a lower FFB setting than say a T500 or CSW.Clipping is when one or more FFB signals are maxed out and the other effects begin to fade also leaving you with an exercise machine with no tactile feedback.My advice is to keep FFB on a G27 under 12.My FFB is always set a lot lower than that on any wheel I use.The dampening slider gives the wheel some resistance when turning and tones down FFB signals being sent to the wheel.I've always been anti dampening but I could be in the minority there.I'm not sure what the minimum FFB slider is for.It's relatively new and FFB isn't a big deal with me so I never investigated that more.

People nowadays are trying to replicate the feel of a real car with FFB settings and the purists disagree with that sentiment.There is a sticky thread in the iRacing FFB section that goes into great detail on FFB settings and had a program to test your wheel and recommend setting based on the data.What people are wanting to know is how far they can turn the FFB up without encountering clipping.I've tried it several times with a G25,a GT3RS and just the other day a CSW and I just can't wrap my head around strong FFB.I do not fight the forces in the wheel.When I get lose and the wheel snaps left and right it is unlike any feeling I've had driving any car in my almost 40 years of driving.I can understand when I've lost control and am careening towards the wall but not when the rear end gets out from me a lil.It's like the wheel is chasing the steering all by itself.You watch on TV when JJ is sawing the wheel and that's him doing that not a FFB motor.

I've watched and read a few pro drivers including a F! champ talk about racing sim FFB and each to man said it felt nothing like a real car.There are V8 SC drivers IRL using iRacing and I read they were turning FFB off and dampening up to provide resistance.It wasn't that long ago that FFB was for kids and considered a joke by the majority of the sim racing community as well.