Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

help with the G27

11 posts in this topic

i just got a g27 today loaded up a fair few configs here and there and the game just handles like crap i loved 2010 on my driving force but this is 0/10 the steering's ffb cuts out the pedals are like a on off switches instead of feeling like well pedals, the steering wheel pulls too one side then the other and then just goes lose then starts too pull to the over side, really disappointed is there something wrong with what I'm doing or?

was really jumping for joy to get my g27 and f1 2012 and now its ruined the shine on things : (

Yeah I had the same problem with my g27 I couldn't understand it at all, really upset me seams like a really fun game. I got a new wheel so I was going to try it again later on a fresh wheel, but I played with the setting for hours before I finaly gave up, no idea why it did that I guess it was designed more for playing with a controller and not so much for a wheel but why put it on the pc I thought. Who knows I never figured it out if anyone does if they could give us some help

It didn't feel too bad on my G27, I turned a few laps on the PS3 demo with the ol' G before I got the T500 and moved onto the PC... you sure you got all the setting dialed in right? PS3 or PC version?

I heard the G27 is very similar to the G25. I found with the G25 on the PC force feedback was a step backwards in F1 2012. The problem was that with most settings feedback might as well have been switched off during straight stretches, so it just seemed wrong most of the time. These settings made the sim playable for me though.

Advance Wheel Settings

Steering saturation: 65%

All other settings at 0%

Force Feedback Options

Environmental effects: 30%

Feedback strength: 100%

Wheel Weight: 90%

Logitech Profiler

Overall effects strength: 115%

Spring Effect Strength: 0%

Damper Effect Strength: 80%

Degrees of Rotation: 900

Any chance some new settings have been discovered for this combo, i.e., G27 & F1 2012 w/PC, that could be shared?

TIA.

Gale

You need v-sync enabled. For me the wheel was acting crazy and I had pretty much no FFB but turning v-sync on fixed it. I have no idea how but I'm not the only one who has needed that to get their wheel to work. Also, unless you have your wheel set up at 270 degrees in the logitech profiler, you need to change saturation to about 68 percent in-game so that the virtual wheel and the physical wheel are synced.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

You need v-sync enabled. For me the wheel was acting crazy and I had pretty much no FFB but turning v-sync on fixed it. I have no idea how but I'm not the only one who has needed that to get their wheel to work. Also, unless you have your wheel set up at 270 degrees in the logitech profiler, you need to change saturation to about 68 percent in-game so that the virtual wheel and the physical wheel are synced.

>Cheers!< J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thanks very much for the advice and tips! I'll give it a go and report back. I'm sure part of my difficulty stems from a week long stint with the swine flu and the fact of just trying to get back into F1 sim racing after having last raced GP2 & GP3 almost ten years ago.

Appreciate the help!

Gale

Update: Went thru some of the 'rookie tests' yesterday for abot 2 to 3 hours trying to get an acceptable passing. Played with some of the suggested settings and had minor improvements. Eventually stumbled upon the 'v-sync' setting (didn't know what it was or that it pertained to the graphics card settings, kind of a dummie here :oops: ). Wow, what a difference that made once it was enabled! Still have some dialing into to do but just that v-sync being enabled made all the other settings much more relavent.

J.A.R.V.I.S., you da man :cool: !

Forever grateful!

Thank You!

Gale