Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing legends on Steam

8 posts in this topic

I have tried it.  It looks great, particularly on triple screens.  I like the car modeling, inside and out.  I have only done a couple of the Golden era races and so its hard for me to comment on the difficulty.  I can tell you that I have the PS3 version as well, and the later events seem to be much tougher, even on "Easy" skill level.

I got the PC version. So far it´s quite easy yes. I do hope silver and modern era offer a bit more challenge. That said I haven´t got all bonus objectives. Some hot laps I certainly need some rounds to get the bonus objectives.

But as for AI if I take quick races I get totally owned but in the career mode still cruising. I have just  a couple of races left on the golden era. Surprisingly I haven´t really missed racing the AI. I have such fun with these old cars. So easy to four wheel drift and go crazy with. Great simcade physics for those cars. I am a bit afraid that like Shift 2 it won´t be as good as in fun with modern race cars though.

But it´s great fun the most fun sim/arcade hybrid or what to call it since I don´t know what PGR 3 when it felt fresh :). Already got the money worth out of it. I do have stability issues which I suspect is related to my T500RS. Or it may not. When it works it works perfectly well with both my G27 and T500RS plus TH8RS shifter.

@oqvist... got the same issues with my T500, when it goes we'll it rocks ! but sometime, man ! as long as don't touch my keyboard, no problem LOL it's just annoying to used my T500 like a xbox controller. Didn't know that the TH8RS was working with the game... I'll go try right now LOL

Cheers bud :cool:

Pretty fun. Initially my T500 was completely lifeless with the FF but after bumping up the 2 lower sliders in the T500 control panel (spring and damping I think) the FF is WAAAYYYY better. Also, the game hangs randomly after race exit where I can't select anything on screen forcing me to control-alt-delete out of the game and then re-race whatever race I just successfully completed...very frustrating. I knew it would be pretty bad and if it weren't for the game hanging regularly it would be fairly enjoyable. Graphics look pretty good on triples and after some tweaking it feels acceptable for a "sim-cade" racer.

Is anyone else having selection/input issues while on the post-race menu screen? Just can't select anything with the mouse...sometimes works sometimes not.

Same issue here. Tried compability mode but it still seems random if it´s going to work flawless for an hour or so or crash after every second race. I tried restraining myself to wheel only but it seem to crash anyway. I had one race where it crashed 5x in a row so maybe it´s just specific races that for whatever reason don´t quite work on the T500RS? Finished that and some more on the G27. Then switched to the T500RS and ran flawless 5 races there.

As for settings I have standard settings in profiler but 0 on damping. 900 degrees. In game 40 which give more of a F! steering really. I use the F1 integral wheel and it feels optimum for that F1 or GT don´t have to change. Maybe 40 stands for 400?  Force feedback strength in game goes steadily down due to fatigue :D. 85 yesterday 70 today. Probably less tomorrow ;)

Has anybody unlocked nordschleife? Tempting to jump silver age but it´s fun to start from the earliest car and work your way up.

Hey guys... we'll it's not a sim but still fun to play with. I'm stuck with those random crashes :mad: too. One thing is missing... who drive a '50 car with paddle shift :eek: they need to include the shifter in that game (TH8RS)...