Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iGP Manager - Tips for getting started and getting fast

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I got an email on iGP manager asking me for some tips in getting started. As I think of more, I'll add them here. 

1) Research your drivers. Try to get the most bang for your buck. I like young, light weight, high energy and try to find one with "talent"
2) Explore every aspect of the game and do everything you can to upgrade and advance your team. 
3) Upgrade your facilities and take your designers advice and hire more designers to fill the Office
4) Don't be cheap. Im down to 25 million and thats a good part of why Im doing so well on track. 
5) Do all your test runs and make adjustments to all the aspects of your car until it says " feels good" You get five per car per race so use them on one driver, then transfer to top driver and make sure he's dialed in. Wait to make sure your weather matches the race day forecast. It could be sunny during your practice and then turn to rain on race day.
6) get sponsors and go for at least 4 million per season (1 mil each)
7) Hire a new designer, doctor and technical engineer. Commercial manger does nothing until level 5. 
8) You get out of it what you put into it. The more time you spend poking around and taking advantage of everything, the quicker you build your team. 
9) Research previous races to see what tire combinations the drivers ran.

10) Train your drivers and staff after every race and comment on them to make them happy

If you can think of any, add them here..

Darin

Any idea what the commenting on drivers does? I mean, I understand that they become happy when you praise them. But what is the use of being negative? And if there isn't any use in being negative, what is the point of it being in the game?

Right so, after overseeing the ISR chat, I started my IGP account.  I Think I started out okay, my team finished 17th in first race, had 2nd best pit time and 2nd best lap time.  Is this good or should I be higher in position to be eligable for ISR League?

It is a real game like football manager :). You manage a team (drivers, technicians, design, merchandising). You order your men what part of the car to concentrate on, you steer the development of your driver(s), you hire and fire them, and you decide on the stragegy for the race (hard tyres vs soft, number of stops (they refuel in this game) how hard your drivers push). The race is against other managers, you can view it in 2D (view from above). Only thing you can do during a race is telling your men when to pit and how hard to push. (though they will pit accoording to the pre race plan, so you dont have to be there).

Better results is more money, better sponsors, etc.

There are "seasons" of 17 races. Part of the development caries on to the next season, so you can try to become the Ferari of your league (after starting out as the HRT).