Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are their any great IRL Mods.

3 posts in this topic

I've been new to PC sim racing and have downloaded a lot of cars and tracks from r-factor.

And, so far have to say that the 1995 CART series and the 2006 Champ Cars are by far my favorate.

Now, I know that for stock cars there is VHR, Stock car Evo, and even Stock car fury to choose from.

I'm wondering if their is any complete mods like this for the IRL???

Another thing...

I wondering if I install the 1995 Cart series into the VHR Mod would it work?

No, there are no all encompassing IndyCar mods.

You can either download a CART mod for 1995, and 1998, and 2006. there might be another in there. Or you can download any of the Mike Peters IRL Mods from 2008 to 2009. However, Mr. Peters mods are not very good. The cars are very unrealistic to drive, and the mods has some other faults as well.

The best IRL Mod I've found is by a League called Zimdycar. However, this league has ceased to exist as Zimdycar, as of yesterday, they are now to be called American Open Wheel Simulation Series. They have taken Mike Peters stuff and, with his permission are current;y creating the 2010 IZOD IndyCar Series Mod, it has a tentative release date in early March to coincide with the Beginning of the real season. This Mod SHOULD be a million times better then the previous IRL Mods, not the least of which is because one of the Mod Team members is an actual Data Acqusitions engineer for an IndyCar team, and has provided the team with tons of real life Data.