Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DFGT issues?

5 posts in this topic

It seems either I'm an idiot or I'm having different problems than others. I will try to explain best based one my limited knowledge since I really have no clue what alot of this does.

My wheel either after calibration in Iracing seems to be very loose like FFB isn't really there when it's closer to being straight, cornering isn't as strong as I remember but that part could be my issue remembering it was alot tighter. I used to be worn out after races from having to I guess fight the wheel some since it was steering was heavier. After following advice from others to use the profiler and then 900 degrees, it seems way different and I'm not sure if it's me or the wheel itself either and have no background to go off of. I started off using the default settings and then Iracing limited me to roughly little over 90 degrees each way til I started playing with settings which I never really turn the car more than that anyway.

Another thing is my calibration will not stay if I exit the car or start a new race sometimes so I have to unplug it from the computer and replug it back in to get FFB to come back.

The weird thing is I won 3 races in a row with these issues but Michigan didn't seem to be as bad but wasn't what I remember. Talladega seemed really light in the steering but that could be because it's that track itself. It just feels like either the car isn't connected to the track at all as far as steering feeling heavy or there is that deadzone that has got worse.

Thanks again for any help and I will try my best to give input to help out or try different settings. I really just hope my wheel isn't messed up because I don't have funds to replace it.

It might be the constant unplugging and replugging that you have to re-adjust the force feedback strength. I just noticed this today with mine and it was because I watched a race with my wheel unplugged it forgot all the settings that I had.

Also with the 90 degree limit, you have to go into the Logitech Gaming Settings (make sure your wheel is plugged in), in the options toolbar at the top click on it and you should get a drop down of Global Profile Settings and Global Device Settings, you want the Device settings. Inside there you are looking for Steering Wheel Settings and below that is Degrees of Rotation. A stock car doesn't quite turn 360 degrees, I set mine to 334 degrees for iRacing and I never use all of it.

You can also adjust the Force Feedback settings right above that, I have 100% for Overall Effects Strenght, Spring Effect Strength, and Damper Effect Strength.

After you do that go into iRacing and recalibrate your wheel.

Hope this helps!

I will have to try those settings because I didn't think 900 degrees was really worth it when I might use a little over 90 each away on most tracks.

Reason I unplug the wheel is my computer is always on (or sleeps) but it will not be right when I wake it up so have to unplug it to get it going again. It just seems like between races sometimes or when I enter a car for the first time I have to unplug and plug back in. It's not huge deal but wonder if that is throwing off stuff too.

I think what I will end up doing is just dealing with the issues I have at hand now. If I can get them fixed then I will keep this week but probably upgrade to G27 in about a month.