Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2012 Coming To Mac OSX Later This Year!

2 posts in this topic

You heard right Mac Racing Addicts! F1 2012 is coming to OSX later this year thanks to the all wise and powerful Feral Interactive. And just as I was finishing up work on the F1 2012 series for my racing sim, Auto Sport Driving for OSX. :(

Here is the original announcement so all two of us can be excited! :lol: But seriously, this is very exciting for us Mac Racers. The last F1 game we got was F1 2000 CS.

F1 2012™ Appears on the Mac Starting Grid

25 Oct 2012

We’re pumped to announce that F1 2012™, the official game of the 2012 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, will be roaring on to the Mac later this year. The first FORMULA ONE™ racing game to appear on the Mac in over ten years, F1 2012 is a thrilling recreation of motor sports’ most demanding competition.

Team Feral’s race engineers are currently optimising the F1 2012 minisite so that it handles perfectly in all weather conditions. We’ll shout as soon as it emerges from the pit.

I will have a Mac only review soon. But here is a summary of my feelings for F1 2012 Mac.

OK, the final version is released at last! Having to resort to the PC and PS3 version of the game, I was so happy to play the Mac version. I am sure you can figure that compared to the PS3 version, the Mac version looks generations ahead if you have a good Mac. The DX11 version on the PC looks really nice and though the Mac version may not be as gorgeous, it looks fantastic.

Once dialing in the G27 FFB settings and killing most of the deadzones and saturation, the wheel feels about as good as it gets. It takes a bit to get the wheel to feel as reactive and realistic as you want, but once you do, the racing is smooth and fun.

I did have an instance of the game hanging and once it even crashed to the desktop. But it has been perfect since then. It seems all of the PC patches have been included and I am very impressed to get this final version before Christmas. Now my Wife does not need to get me anything.

Thanks Feral Interactive (Special Thanks to Edwin)