Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The G27 Wheel

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a G27 Wheel (I know use a driving for GT) I like the G27 because of the gear shifter and the paddle shifters. My question is is Logitech planing on releasing a new wheel anytime soon ? If they are in the next year few months I would just wait. I mainly play GT5 on the PS3. I notice that the G27 wheel does not have the "PS" button on it can I program one of the buttons to act as the PS button ?

Thanks for your time and help.

coachrobwille

i do also play gt5 90% of the time and own a g27

i havent heard anything at all about a g29 or anything of a sort (with the g27 they have us wraped around there finger with cheap prices and a good wheel combination)

if u get the g27 DO NOT RALLY OR DRIVE THE X1 (use the ds3 for this) it will rip the gears apart found that out the hard way ;)

@ " coachrobwille"~I keep hearing rumours about "Logitech" releasing a new wheel sometime in the near future..but Honestly,thats all I think it is~Rumours,..when they cut the price of the "G27" a ways back,I thought for sure there was going to be a new Logitech on the Horizon,but that just does not seem to be the case,guess we will just have to wait and see ;) In the meantime,I would say definitely go for the "G27" Coach,I have had mine now for about 6 months [i also was a "DFGT" guy,& before that a "DFP"]

& can tell you that the "G27" is a VERY BIG step forward in performance and realism,and have nothing but gr8 things to say about it,it's hands down the Best performing wheel out there in it's price range[iMHO]~not that there is anything wrong with the "DFGT",for the money the "DFGT" is kickass,and perfect for anyone on a budget,who wants to enhance their "GT5" experience,and get that despicable standard controller out of their hand,and play "GT5" the way it was meant to be played~with a wheel!

But if you really want to move up & take that next step coach,then get the "G27",the pedals alone are worth the extra $$$..unfortunately the pedals of the "DFGT" are it's weak spot,they do get the job done,but honestly are VERY cheesy and pretty much Crap for the most part.

also if you do go for the "G27",give yourself time to get used to the transition...because the first time you take a few laps around the track,you are probably going to think there is something wrong with it..there is not,it's just that the "G27" is WAY more sensitive then the "DFGT" and you have to give yourself time to adjust to it,I must have spun 20 times around 'Suzuka" my first few laps when I first got my "G27"~hehe,but after an hour or so,you will be smiling ear to ear buddy,and I think you will be very pleased with it's overall performance,it's one SWEET wheel [iMHO]

now to answer your question about the the "PS" Button,the only downside to using the "G27" for "GT5" [or pretty much ANY PS3 Racer] is that you will have to hook up a "PS3" Standard controller to port 2 on your "PS3" to use the "PS" Button & for typing and such,but you get used to it very quickly and is only a minor inconvenience.

as far as "nascarfn" warnings about Rally and X1 use with the "G27",I can only tell you that I drive the hell out of both rally and the RBX1 with my "G27" and have not had problem one in the 6 months I have had my "G27",and I drive the "RBX1" a LOT!I am not saying that "nascarfn" had a faulty "G27" to begin with,I only can tell you that from my personal experience,driving Rally and using the "RBX1" has had no ill effects on my "G27" whatsoever.

anyway thats it coach,I hope this helps you out some,cheers and gr8 racing :D

I have no idea why one game would hurt the gears and another would not.I've owned a lot of wheels and the Logitechs are almost bullet proof.One mistake many people do is turn the FFB up far too high.If you want a workout go to the GYM.If you want feedback on what the car is doing turn the FFB down to where it's not getting ripped out of your hand.

Hello i wounder if somebody knows what extensioncable to buy if i want an longer cabel between the gearshifter and the wheel? Whats is the connection called? I need it on my new Obutto R3volution så that i cand hide the cables smoothly.

May this work? :(

http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/dator-kringutrustning/kablar-adaptrar/seriell/seriell-kabel-db9ha-ho-p38218

Hello i wounder if somebody knows what extensioncable to buy if i want an longer cabel between the gearshifter and the wheel? Whats is the connection called? I need it on my new Obutto R3volution så that i cand hide the cables smoothly.

May this work? :(

http://www.kjell.com/sortiment/dator-kringutrustning/kablar-adaptrar/seriell/seriell-kabel-db9ha-ho-p38218

Yes that cable should work.G27 shifter connectors are standard DB9 serial cables.