Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2012 in 3D

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Just purchased my retail copy of F1 2012 and managed to get it running on my 27" triple screen 3D set up using the 'Tridef' software that came with the monitors...although I have not seen an official 2012 profile as yet I decided to use the F1 2011 profile instead, and it worked great...except for some of the menu options getting out of focus and abit hard to read, game play is absolutely amazing. The depth and realism in the cockpit view is simply breathtaking...this would have to be the best 3D in a sim / game that I own so far...others that look good in order Dirt 3, GSC 2012, pCARS, rFactor DRM Mod, rFactor Historic GT & Touring Cars 1.95, Simbin Race Injection / GTR Evolution, Richard Burns Rally with CamHack.

Although I am not an F1 racer (alittle to fast for an old guy)... the 3D makes it all worth while and set the game up in easy mode I can aleast keep up...sometimes...lol

my two cents

Kind regards

Old Timer

Just wondering what brand and model of 3d monitors did you use on your three monitor setup.Been thinking of going three monitors so I've been asking everyone I can.

hello allana15,

The 3D monitors are 'LG D2770P-PN', they are the Cinema 3D type, (non-shutter glasses) and use the polarising glasses.

Also read the thread below as the monitors were bundled with the wrong glasses, but this was solved with abit of research and I purchased the 'Zalman ZM-SG100G' 3D Glasses....

http://isrtv.com/forums/viewto ... 9&start=10

The monitors are also only 60Hz so you can not use the nVidia 3D surround with them, you need to get 120Hz monitors like the ASUS VG278H or similar.

Do your research before you buy and see what games are compatible with the monitors you are looking at as I can not play 'iRacing' in 3d because there is no profile for the 'Tridef' software that comes with the monitors I have. :cry:

Hope this helps and good luck

Kind regards

Old Timer