Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xbox update & FFB issues - still going on or?

9 posts in this topic

Ok the internet forums have gone pretty dead on this - many updates have ensured but what of it. i never downloaded the update, killed my xbox gold membership, & continue to play forza & f1 off line with full FFB.

maybe after 3+ months the issue has been fixed to some satisfactory way & so everyone is over talking about it...

yet i suspect the update problem still exists & that people have given up/sold xboxes etc.

What is your experience with all the update fixes - is it safe to download so we can get back online ??

the best i could find was a short post that there is some kind of problem & a final solution is almost here as of late Sept. See:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox ... ageIndex=5

I have the CSR basic wheel, and the newest updates .. ( including the IE beta)... no issues online with my wheel. accually with the newest update from Fanatec... the force feed back is better then it was when I got the wheel. you can feel so much more then before. I would recommend getting at least a 24 hour pass and updating your xbox.. and getting the latest for your wheel

Ok the internet forums have gone pretty dead on this - many updates have ensured but what of it. i never downloaded the update, killed my xbox gold membership, & continue to play forza & f1 off line with full FFB.

maybe after 3+ months the issue has been fixed to some satisfactory way & so everyone is over talking about it...

yet i suspect the update problem still exists & that people have given up/sold xboxes etc.

What is your experience with all the update fixes - is it safe to download so we can get back online ??

the best i could find was a short post that there is some kind of problem & a final solution is almost here as of late Sept. See:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox ... ageIndex=5

For xbox live, those who had wheels affected by that last dashboard update, will not see a fix unless on the Fall Dashboard beta, or wait for the live update in the next couple months.

So no. There has been not perminent fix.

thanks for the good news guys. i think i'll roll the dice, update the firmware, & get back online.

I have the CSR basic wheel, and the newest updates .. ( including the IE beta)... no issues online with my wheel. accually with the newest update from Fanatec... the force feed back is better then it was when I got the wheel. you can feel so much more then before. I would recommend getting at least a 24 hour pass and updating your xbox.. and getting the latest for your wheel

TDi Bourne2Die - what firmware are you referring to - 7.50B? i think i'm on 721B which was a clear step up from the earlier firmware that came with my wheel

On October 15th majornelson.com reported:

"Many of you have been involved in the 2012 Xbox LIVE Update Public Beta and have been busy getting an early look at the latest Xbox LIVE features. Today we’re starting to roll out the official release of the update to Xbox LIVE subscribers around the world. To ensure a stable release, this will be a gradual deployment across subscribers and regions over the course of the next week. Our initial deployment will reach approximately three million consoles worldwide, with additional users being updated over the course of a couple weeks. Don’t panic if you don’t see an immediate update, just keep checking back in."

The new Xbox system software version is 2.0.16197.0. From what they say, it may take until the end of the month for everyone to get the update. If anyone has received this update and then fully tested their Fanatec wheel, please post your findings. I am sure a lot of people will be pleased if this is finally resolved.

thanks for the latest. The only experience i have is an update today (i think may be the older dashboard update aS I havent updated for months) - in playing f1 2012 , the game & wheel is awesome no complaints. Much better feel of understeer and more dimensions to when oversteer occurs. Running FW 706 with fanatec CSR.

i was wrong. xbox update has stuffed up my wheel. Completely unplayable now in all games, (F1 2012 & Forza 4). It has notchy feeling throughout revolutions, like the wheel is geared rather than driven by the belts which it is. FFB is weaker too & hard to read due to notchy movement.

xbox emailed me saying another dashboard update is due soon - it cant come soon enough!!!