Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iHUD by Mightygate

8 posts in this topic

Hey all. I'm all setup on PC now and getting acquainted with iRacing etc.

I downloaded and paid for iHud by mightygate. I'm getting a one-second delay between shifting gears and seeing the gear change on my apple iphone.

Has anyone experienced any lag like this and found a fix. I've tried closing all apps on the iphone, disabling all extraneous internet and cell functions to no avail.

Any tips appreciated. Should I just try another APP?

Wayne

I use it on my iPhone and iPad and don't have an issue as you describe. I have had issues with losing wifi connection intermittently but not a delay with gear display. Though I mostly look at the shift lights and not so much the gear.

I notice a little lag (not a full second, but maybe a half second or so)... mostly noticeable when using one of the Analog RPM gauges. It doesn't really bother me as I'm rarely looking at it... but it's nice to have available, as my FOV and Wheel\Monitor is setup such that I can't see the gauges on screen.

You can email them and they will respond. I had the same delay issue you had as well as drop outs frequently. I gave up on it and now use iracedash. It has no delay and has never dropped out once. It's a shame because it has nice customization.

HAHA!!! FIXED!

These guys were prompt and courteous. I had a personalized executable emailed to me in a couple hours after sending them some data from my network.

To thank them I think I should buy some upgrades for it eh. More pretty gauges.

Thanks for the help.

HAHA!!! FIXED!

These guys were prompt and courteous. I had a personalized executable emailed to me in a couple hours after sending them some data from my network.

Hey doublealpha

I got this same prompt service recently. I had an issue after Apple updated their iOs. Mightygate did a subsequent update as well and it was then that I began encountering terrible data "stuttering". The timing/counter would have noticeable pauses as it ticked.

Anyway, I got lots of help and they emailed me a new dll which solved that issue.

Very friendly and very fast.

I like this app quite a bit because I want to have certain info. visible to me during a race, although I don't always want it all on the monitor screen. It's nice to have your most important info visible without having to fumble for a button during a race or consume more screen real estate.

Am hoping the iPad mini will be just the thing for using this app as my old eyes have a hard time with the size of the iPod screen and a full size iPad would get in the way a bit too much.