Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cannot progam CSR wheel or pedals

10 posts in this topic

For PC; I've tried to program the buttons, my ClubSport pedals, my CSR wheel, and I've had no luck. No matter what I've done, my left paddle on the wheel is always the back button. On the grid, before the flag, I gas it in neutral with my pedal, and it revs well, I put it in gear, and then nothing, and the field streams away. I had 2010, and 2011 on my 360, but trying it on my PC is new. any clues?

(and my follow-up letter, since the first was ignored at the Codemaster forums for this game)

Was hoping for a response, isn't that what this message board is for? I've tried every possible variation in the control settings. I've had my wheel in the CSR mode, but my friend Shaun Cole says the game thinks its a Microsoft wheel if you do that. I've had it in the custom settings, and gone down and clicked every control, while operating those controls. I've put on the override option on the wheel, on the keyboard, on the game pad, in the off mode, and nothing seems to work. My CSR works great playing iRacing, but I can use a little community help here. Any suggestions?

(BTW, I have a reviewer copy, working through the Steam servers. I can see a lot of people are having issues, including the guy who says he can't program his pedals. Lots of things seem to be wrong, especially for the PC version, from reading the message boards over there. I know there's a key somewhere to make this all work, but for now, it feels that key fell through the grating, landed in a sewer and is being washed out to sea. :cry:

Hi John,

I hav a similar sort of problem and that is that my CSP's aren't recognised when using a t500 wheel.

There is no possible way to map my csp's when my t500 is plugged in I have to use my t500 pedals.

I think the key at the moment is a game update! Playing with the t500 f1 add-on I get 2 actions mapped to button 5 how can that work?

I think I got the wheel to work correctly, but the pedals are still off. Seems to be a big complaint among PC users with the ClubSport pedals. Pretty amazing if this is the problem, considering how popular the Fanatec products are. The chief difference among the unhappy users, might be the various firmware and driver changes among the Fanatec users. I have the latest Beta update. Let's see if a patch can fix this.

This concerns the CRS wheel, standard pedals in the PC Demo: Before the update the game recognised the wheel as the Microsoft wheel. After the Codemaster update it showed that the CRS Elite wheel was recognised. Assuming that the CRS and CRS Elite have similar electronics in some aspect it stated in RED that the CSR Elite pedals were missing. Ah calamity...! Not to worry, I soon discovered the option in controls allowed me to configure the standard pedals. Everything ran perfectly. Exiting the game to do some work, I returned and booted up the game again... Ah, no Force Feedback. FF option greyed out. Thinking cap on...! Exited the game; turned off the computer. Booted up PC. Switched on CRS wheel. Booted up the game. Went into options, checked that pedals were configured in options'. Checked that FF was lit up and accessable. It was. Went into race. FF worked again. Checked to see that if switching off wheel and then on again disabled FF... Grr, IT DID. Conclusion: It appears that you must exit the game; turn off PC; turn off power to wheel; power up wheel again; switch on PC, and boot up game for the FF to be recognised... This is convoluted and annoying. I hope this will not be the way to get up and running in the real game. I hope this helps.

I always boot up the wheel before I start the PC. Darin and Shaun suggested I plug the pedals using the green port on the pedals and route them into the wheel and not the PC. However, that involves unplugging a couple of wires, as I have everything so tight, that if I move my chassis away from my screens, that's what I have to do, then disconnecting my pedals from my chassis to allow access to the plugs and..........that's a lot of work to be going from this and then back to my iRacing. I moved from F1 2010 to iRacing because of the limitations of the F1 game. So I'd rather wait for a patch then go through all this.

I re-connected the pedals back to the wheel and not the PC, so F1 2012 is working for me now, strangely however pCars is not. I've set it for the CSR with combined pedals. If I do that, should I not calibrate? Because when I do, it's still not registering the pedals. :cry:

I know this is an old thread but why start a new one. :)

I am just trying this game out with my new rig and I have the T500 wheel that seems to be recognized fine.

My Club Sport V2 pedals are just not seen. They work in iracing and the config utility sees them fine so they are working as far as the PC is concerned.

I try to do a custom setup in F1 2012 and when it comes time to map the accelerator/break I press the pedals and it just does not see them at all.

Anyone else have this issue and fixed it?