Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lack of feel with Logitech wheels?

5 posts in this topic

Been playing the PC version all morning & Using a controller it feels pretty good, However with a wheel (Logitech driving force GT) there is no real feedback coming through & thats taking away all the advantages of playing with a wheel. playing this game with a wheel reminds me of what it used to be like playing driving/racing games with wheels pre-force feedback, you get vibration from kurbs, collistions etc... but thats it, there is no driving feel which you would expect from decent ffb.

When you hit a kurb or run onto grass/gravel there is a good level of FFB vibration, However there is zero FFB from actually driving the car. There is no FFB vibration from things like bumps & debris on the track, No FFB feel at all when driving on straghts, through corners or when brakes lock or wheels spin.

When going through corners the steering does get heavier but it feels like its scripted rather than as a result of actually gooing through a corner.

I think the reason many wheel users (Especially on codemasters forums) are complaining of understeer & brake lock-ups is a direct result of this lack of feel coming back through the wheel.

In other games/sims (Including F1 2010/2011) you get good FFB down straights, When going through a corner when the front starts to lose grip you feel it through the wheel, When brakes start to lock again you feel it through the wheel so are able to compensate.

The lack of any feel through the wheel on F1 2012 makes recognising a loss of grip be it understeer or brake locking impossible to see happening untill its too late.

The actual handling model doesn't seem too bad & racing Ai seems like it could be quite fun, However the problems when playing with a wheel I detail above takes away a lot of that fun.

i didnt especially like f1 2010, too many bugs early on & there was a lot wrong with the handling feel. however i thought they had improved on that in 2011, the handling felt better, the physics felt a bit more realistic (although nowhere near been a sim) & overall i enjoyed it.

f1 2012 seems like a step backwards, things we had in past games are now gone (Full championship/full weekend) & the handling model seems to be more aimed at pad users.

Like I said when playing with a controller things feel fine, However I don't want to play with a pad I want to play driving games with a wheel & right now playing this game with a wheel is a dead, flawed experience.

I Agree!!! Ive been playing the xbox 360 version and and it has the same flaws as the PC version. Codemasters really screwed F1 2012 up!!! F1 2011 has much better Driving feel. Driving Games have been Going Down hill ever after Forza2! With better technology Games are supposed to get better Not worse.

I'm playing it on a 360 with a fanatec gt2. The ffb didn't feel right until I turned the wheel weight in- game down to 0% I also turned down the environmental effects down to 50%. I can now feel when the car understeers. I'll play around with different settings this weekend to see if I can get it any better.

Overall I'm pretty happy with my purchase.The graphics and sounds are topnotch(for a console).The cars have more weight to them which makes hitting your braking points way more important this year. The handling overall feels more sim - like than the two previous games. The addition of the Austin track and the return of Bahrain made this a must have for me. If they could straighten out the ffb in a patch then it would be a fantastic game in my opinion.

Actually I just got, like a week or two ago, a DFGT and I feel like the feedback from F1 2011 is quite crap. Specially if you compare it with stuff like iRacing or LFS.

My issue is that the steering wheel feels like it just gives up giving feedback at about 45º rotation. It feels too light past that point and sometimes it's hard to make small corrections when the strength you require to turn the wheel suddenly changes like that.

It also feels too heavy by default, like I'm driving trucks.

So it's not an F1 2012 specific problem, this. And if anyone has any idea of how to fix the above, please do tell.

I saw this on the codemasters forums and tried it and it seemed work for me. I activated vertical Sync in the graphics options and restarted the game. Immediately the wheel had weight and gave feedback where i would expect. I know it makes no sense but it worked for me. Hope it helps