Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The F1 demo

14 posts in this topic

Cant get my CSW wheel feeling right, really poor!!!!!!

I played about 30 minutes of the demo. A lot of it was in the menus trying to dial in my wheel too. The FFB effects seem really bogged down and ponderous even after turning the wheel weight all the way down to 0%. My settings from 2011 definitely did not carry over well. There is almost no feeling for the road at all through the wheel. On the upside, the face buttons on the CSW will actually navigate the menus. I will spend some more time tweaking, but I'm not impressed initially.

The graphics are a step up though. The texture work and motion blur is improved, and everything seems crisper and smoother.

To be honest I really want to like I think it a big step up from last year but I have to say the FFB is really really weird and way off for me I have a CSR and I have tried ever firmware all kinds of different settings on the wheel and in the menus and I just can't get it to feel right at all ,I know its a demo but the game is due out in a couple of weeks and surely this isn't close to the final production copy mabey shaun or darin could gives us a little insight in saying the early copy they have is way better than the demo ;)

So what settings are you guys using on the wheel and in-game? I'm having a hard time with finding a good setting. Like you guys said, the FFB is kind of odd, and I agree, there is almost no road feel at all. I was purposely running over the curbs to see what would happen, and at some points, it's almost like they're not there.

We were using a pre release version of the game for the Xbox 360. I am using a CSR wheel with an older flash on it. I found the Force Feedback to be very playable but nothing special. I have my wheel weight up at like 40 and there is very light force feedback in general especially the rumble of the curves.

I am now using a PC version that I believe is a for review copy. The force feedback on that version is much much stronger. On the PC I am using the Thrustmaster T500 and it feels pretty good right out of the box.

I do not know how the version that we are using compare to the DEMO. More to come soon we are expediting this review.

Apologies Guys - Yea PANTS is brit slang for rubbish!!!!

I just cant get anything remotely playable with my CSW, really disappointed, evening going as far as saying im cancelling my pre order as I cant imagine the game would be much different.

Gutted as I was really looking forward to this title

Smudge

With my CSR, I have wheel weight at 50, and I even tried 60, but 60 feel like to much. My problems with it: 1. When going in a straight line, the turning feels very twitchy, although I haven't messed with the settings in game to much, just pretty much set everything to 0. 2. You can not feel the curbs what so ever.

For me, those are the 2 major issues. Now, I did like a few things that seem better then 2011. Not saying the game is great, but better in these areas then 2011. The weather: the car seems to handle much differently in the rain then the dry. For the first few corners in the wet, I found myself sliding around. You need to slow down a fair amount(or at least I do, maybe I just suck). And although you can not feel the curbs on the FFB end, you can for sure see it when the car is about to snap loose. I don't know how many times I got to much curb and could see that I was going to loose it. Again, maybe I just suck. I don't play much F1, I'm so use to GT cars. With all that said, I'm not saying the game is great, but to me, the demo in some ways, does feel much better then 2011. As for the version you guys have, I have no idea how it compares to the demo.

Anyone knows if the graphics will be the same as the demo in the final release for the ps3?

In the pc version the graphics are very good, but i couldn't play the ps3 version...

As far as the graphics go there petty much on pace on were all the other console games are maybe just hair hair better in my opinion being weather upgrade and all handling and all on that's on the ps3 I haven't played Xbox yet.

Apologies Guys - Yea PANTS is brit slang for rubbish!!!!

I just cant get anything remotely playable with my CSW, really disappointed, evening going as far as saying im cancelling my pre order as I cant imagine the game would be much different.

Gutted as I was really looking forward to this title

Smudge

No apology needed smudge, I think I caught a couple of minutes on one of our local broadcasters for the summer Olympics in London and they mentioned something about pants but it went directly over my head.

Darren