Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2012 New Videos

12 posts in this topic

We recently received a new copy of F1 2012 for the Xbox 360. The game is soon to be released but we are getting you some different aspect of the game to see. We will be adding videos to this post as they go online.

Young Driver Test Day 1

3 Lap race of Monza in the Red Bull car

Champions Mode Event 1 on the Xbox 360

Young Driver Test Day 2

F1 2012 Champions Mode - Michael Schumacher Challenge (Xbox 360)

3 lap race at Austin

Champions Mode Event 1 on the Xbox 360

Bugs already in F1 2012. Watch closely of the three laps of monza. When the McLaren loses it front wing, it is as fast as the redbull? and the Car does not pit in for an new wing. I'd expect a patch as soon it come out. :oops:

I have posted several new videos of F1 2012.

To answer the questions so far.

Hey Shaun, I was wondering if you were using the Fanatec csr for these videos, and if so how is your wheel tuned? Thanks.

Yes I have been using a CSR wheel. So far I have been using the default settings to get these videos out. I will try to dial in the wheel later and will be able to let you know what I am using.

Bugs already in F1 2012. Watch closely of the three laps of monza. When the McLaren loses it front wing, it is as fast as the redbull? and the Car does not pit in for an new wing. I'd expect a patch as soon it come out. :oops:

Yes that was an interesting thing to see. We are still working from a newer preview copy of the game. I cant say for certain yet if that is something addressed in the final or not.

More to come.

Main thing I'm interested in... racing game or racing sim? I never got into the groove of the likes of Forza or GT5... simply because the driving is very forgiving, you can feel you're not being taken seriously... that completely put me off.

As for iRacing, rFactor and the rest... brutal compared to these Xbox 360 games haha! :lol: I remember mashing down the pedal like a madman and driving like a complete lunatic in the Forza 4 demo in the 458 Italia (all assists off), never got the car out of control.

If F1 2012 is following the path iRacing and rFactor 2 are taking (that is simulation), then I'd be really interested in getting it!

Forde3654Eire,

It's a simCADE. Not a sim. Cars will make contact and still survive, within reason of course. You will race on all the tracks of the F1 series. You will operate KERS and DRS, and your virtual hands will react and steer and push buttons on the wheel, just like your real hands. So be grateful for those things, as they are pretty remarkable, but don't fool yourself, it's not a sim, but it is a very good game that you will have fun with.

If it was not a "Simcade" 80% of simracers/gamers couldn't drive it, even with the best sim gear out there, most of people want real sim, but they forget how difficult should be to drive a F1.

This is a good example why we have Simcades

Shaun do you have the PS3 version?

I've played the demo, but the graphics look like 10 years ago, in the PC they look great.

I think this video says even more. The video you posted is a less powerful version of an f1 car. Still though, a very insane car! this video was from when Richard Hammond drove an f1 car. He worked his way up to it, but watch him when he drives. If you've watched top gear before, you know these guys get to drive some pretty crazy things, and go pretty fast. With that said, you can tell, he was scared out of his mind. The thing about sims, real sim or simcade, There is one factor that you don't really feel....fear. And yes, I agree, if F1 2012 was 100% like an F1 car, hardly anyone would be able to drive it. The thing about Iracing and rfactor, well, they are more hardcore. The people playing are really into racing, so you can get away with making them feel and be more like the real thing. The people playing F1 2012, some of them might just be playing it for the heck of it. You don't want it to be impossible for them to even get past the first corner.

I think this video says even more. The video you posted is a less powerful version of an f1 car. Still though, a very insane car! this video was from when Richard Hammond drove an f1 car. He worked his way up to it, but watch him when he drives. If you've watched top gear before, you know these guys get to drive some pretty crazy things, and go pretty fast. With that said, you can tell, he was scared out of his mind. The thing about sims, real sim or simcade, There is one factor that you don't really feel....fear. And yes, I agree, if F1 2012 was 100% like an F1 car, hardly anyone would be able to drive it. The thing about Iracing and rfactor, well, they are more hardcore. The people playing are really into racing, so you can get away with making them feel and be more like the real thing. The people playing F1 2012, some of them might just be playing it for the heck of it. You don't want it to be impossible for them to even get past the first corner.

Yep, i watch top gear before season1, and JC videos.

I choose that video cause the lotus it's not even near a F1 car, and even for a experienced guy like Clarkson it was very difficult to drive, the hamster video its a big lol...

I like both kind of games, sim and simcades, with simcades i get more relaxed and don't need a lot of time to get a good setup like in the sim's, and with 2 kids (3 and 6) at home time for driving its very precious, so lately i go more for simcades.