Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nascar 2003

6 posts in this topic

Guys,

Is it illegal to mention,talk about or even discuss enhancements made over the years to Nascar 2003?

Even after 10 years of it hitting the retail shelves and quickly dismissed due to total BS and given some (not all) of the Nascar Mods created for rFactor, this simulation stands out far beyond most of the crap coming out currently. It hurts to see this simulation and that's just what it is a (simulation), not mentioned at all with the other greats such as rFactor and all of the SimBin titles. Granted, there are hardcore racing leagues out there running it but for what I consider to be the leader in Racing Simulation Info, "InsideSimRacing" never mentions or cover anything that has to do with it. I also have iRacing and a high amount of content for it and lets face it, it has it's share of garbage too. I love Nascar 2003 and I think it is the Grand Daddy of them all and very well deserves to have Hall of Fame type recognition.

Just a thought for serious fellow sim racers out there. No disrespect intended towards iRacing or InsideSimRacing.

NR2003 is the only sim I run. They have so many different mods out there. Currently I am running the Aero88 mod. I'm sure another mod will come out again next season when Cup switches their car again. You can race cars from the 60s all the way up to today's models. It's just great.

I still play n2003 all the time. I have also played gtr, gtr2, gtl,and rfactor but still like n2003's physics the best.There are so many great tracks and mods that I can definitely see myself playing it for a few more years....Long live the King!!

That's exactly what I'm saying, the cars in every mod are excellent and there are a boat load of them. This Sim is way too powerful not even to be mentioned on what's considered to be mainstream sites in the Sim Community. Frankly speaking, I get some what offended when I see console games get recognized

in what I thought was a community of hobbiest and racing enthusiests.

That's exactly what I'm saying, the cars in every mod are excellent and there are a boat load of them. This Sim is way too powerful not even to be mentioned on what's considered to be mainstream sites in the Sim Community. Frankly speaking, I get some what offended when I see console games get recognized

in what I thought was a community of hobbiest and racing enthusiests.

Greetings, first of all. Very first post here. :)

NR2003 was/is a good racing sim, no doubt. But the "community" has a lot of choices, all of them sophisticated and as impressive (or even more so) as NR2003. There's a whole "new generation" of racing sims in the making so titles from past years seem to have taken a back seat. Unjustly so, I might add.

In regards to console games...

The community is changing. The economics carry a big weight now more than ever, I believe; a developer cannot allow itself the luxury of producing a racing sim for a niche (our niche), so they target a larger audience. Larger audiences also mean the territory of what used to be arcade-kingdom: consoles.

Publishers/devs such as MS or Poly Digital, on the other hand, want more territory than arcade-kingdom and are now focusing on physical realism.

The two worlds (ours and their) are somewhat merging - scary thought, imho.

Still: many still reference NR2003, GPL, GP4, rFactor and GTR2 in spite of the "next gen" titles and the new wave of console titles. And that's great.

PS: congrats for Darin and Shaun on the move to the new place. Seems like one heck of a good choice.