Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Review of Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

29 posts in this topic

The game is now available for PC, via Steam, for $29.99.  I bought it last night and it looks light years better than the PS3 version, which I bought a few weeks ago from the Playstation Store.  The PC version also supports triple screens.  I am still dialing in the settings for my T500RS, but the game apparently does work with it.

I wish that Atari had released all three versions at the same time, or at least that we had gotten correct information regarding the PC version.  That being said, at least we got the PC version finally.  I like the game.  The single player has been fun and I love driving the classic Ferrari cars on the classic tracks.

Not being to hard if it´s your honest opinion. I often feel you are way to nice almost like you are marketing gear more then reviewing them.

Personally I got the PC version and have had so much fun with the golden era cars. Despite there is no challenge whatsoever but the cars feels and sound so great and tracks look great. You do get some time to enjoy the scenery in those cars. I know how nerfed console versions could be and of course a lot of the points you make still stands true. I finished the golden era segment today and it never got challenging. Sure I have raced the tracks before and Misty Loch was quite easy to memorize but part of the reason it was so easy was that the wheel controls was so much better then in Shift 2 which is what I mainly compare it to. The way I see it is that it´s arcade rather then sim. Shift 2 level approx what I expected out of it. As a sim not really impressive but it´s a lot better then Shift 2 in term of wheel support and force feedback and feel of the cars so far. I could get great feel for the cars on both my G27 and T500RS. There is bugs for the T500RS but combined pedals knock on wood seem to stop the random crashes. 

I have only touched on silver and modern era and there it got quite a bit harder. Very uneven difficulty curve I can see a lot having issues with that. But I am thankful I can´t just cruise through the entire game...

I have a hard time seeing how you could not enjoy the 60s car four wheel drifting around rouen and misty loch but I may be easilly entertained. It does pretty much what I want from an arcade title. I can´t four wheel drift and slam in the gears and go crazy like this in PNG and even less that vintage GT car from netkar Pro :).

I will most likely rate it higher when I am finished with it. I feel I got the money worth already based on the fun factor it has. I don´t recon there will ever be any multiplayer racing going on in this but if it worked I can see myself having tons of fun with it.

The game is now available for PC, via Steam, for $29.99.  I bought it last night and it looks light years better than the PS3 version, which I bought a few weeks ago from the Playstation Store.  The PC version also supports triple screens.  I am still dialing in the settings for my T500RS, but the game apparently does work with it.

I wish that Atari had released all three versions at the same time, or at least that we had gotten correct information regarding the PC version.  That being said, at least we got the PC version finally.  I like the game.  The single player has been fun and I love driving the classic Ferrari cars on the classic tracks.

Just an update.  I cannot get the T500RS to work correctly with this game.  The force feedback is extremely weak and the game kept crashing.  I instead switched to my CSR Elite with Clubsport pedals and CSR H shifter and it works fine.  The graphics are night and day better on the PC version than the PS3 version.  The cars and tracks look great.

Hi,

The pc version of this game is very good, it's not perfect but I've had lots of fun with it...to me it drives similar to rfactor2 and nothing like iracing.

Didn't gt5 take years and cost sixty million dollars to develop? Slightly mad made a solid game that should be great for any Ferrari fan.

So far I rate this one 80/100 because I like the graphics, tracks, cars...The cars get hooked together a lot and the ai can be cheap at times.

I like your reviews but this one I'll rate  6.5/10 : )

regards,

Sean,