Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS Wheel VS CRS

3 posts in this topic

Hey guy's sorry to make a new topic for this, wasn't sure where to put it.

My question is, how much of a difference is there between these to wheels when it comes to Forza 4. I've played with the MS wheel forever and only know GT5 with a Logi outside of that. I'm not nuts about the physics in Forza, some cars are def better than others. But overall there's not enough turn in and you can't find grip under power. Does the MS wheel accentuate these flaws with the lack of feedback or is it just inherent to the game, no matter what wheel I use.

Sorry for rambling on.

I don't think the wheel itself is the problem, it is the pedals. Ms pedals are using potentiometers for brake (and throttle). This makes the braking difficult to get right (have to use foot angle vs foot pressure on the brake pedal). Buying a Fanatec wheel and pedals will gain a lot in the braking department which is the biggest difference. I think the Fanatec wheel is better but the main functions are the same.

(I have had MS wheel and pedals (After 1-2 years of use on the MS wheel the shifters started to give up). Turbos S wheel (still works fine) first with MS pedals later upgraded to Fanatec Club Sport Pedals. I am now using CSR with the same Club Sport Pedals).

Hey Man

Thanks for the feedback, I guess I figured that much. I'm just torn because the more I read about these wheels the more it seems the Elite is the way to go. But only playing on the console with the lack of any real sims it's hard to justify that kind of money. So I guess my hope is that I will be happy with the CRS.

Thanks again.