Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VSS: Archive

2,624 posts in this topic

06/06/2012

• [*:10bc9loa]All the information has now been added to the WSS forum. Please take the time to analyse and read through the information and direct any questions through the
WSS S2: Discussion thread, or PM myself or Ivo Simons.
[*:10bc9loa]As the 2012 update is not out yet, we cannot provide a server or a SimSync download as of yet. However, you are perfectly welcome to purchase the game from the GSC website (if you have not done so already) and begin practicing on the available tracks offline. It is very similar to rFactor, so most of you will be familiar with the user interface.
[*:10bc9loa]We cannot recommend this game highly enough; as well as the Stock Car content and beautiful graphics and physics, available are three free high quality DLCs: F3, Classic F1 and Modern F1, as well as a number of high quality add-on tracks updated from rFactor by the game's track creator.

For everything related to the World Supertech Series.

For now, enjoy the official 2012 preview from Reiza Studios of Velopark:

Introduction

Welcome to the second season of the World Supertech Series. For the first time in the Touring Pro Series, we will be transferring to the Game Stock Car platform, by Reiza Studios. The reasoning behind this is that the AGTC will be utilising rFactor 2, and it makes sense to branch to a new platform. Game Stock Car is based on rFactor and includes many improvements and updates, and the basic interface will be familiar to anyone who has played either of ISI’s most recent offerings.

By all admissions, the first season of the WSS was a mixture of successes and failures. The mod itself came under close scrutiny and in general, opinion was divided on its quality. This will not be repeated – the Brazilian Stock Cars featured in the game (and especially after the 2012 update) are far more predictable and stable without making them too easy to drive, and especially not too easy to drive fast. We will be using this 2012 update, which means that everyone will need to purchase the game and download all the updates. We will provide links and further instructions in the next few days in the download information thread.

What season 1 did provide, however, was close and exciting racing at the front of the field, with many different race winners and mixed up podiums. The format will remain similar and the points structure has been tightened up to ensure that should you finish badly in one race, you will still be in with a chance of the title. Equally, with the Push to Pass button coming into effect for the first time in the TPS, the extra dimension that it offers may well mean that we get some of the most exciting broadcasts to date.

Custom Skins

We will be utilising custom skins, for which templates will be provided shortly. In addition, this will be a team’s championship in a similar vein to the ATCC and the VV8S, in that you may arrange, privately, to race alongside another driver to score points for a 2-man “team.” In addition, existing teams (example being THR) may enter more than one 2-man “team,” but they will need a different name.

Format

The format will remain familiar to veterans of season 1, with two 30-minute races being the sprint format that you will see for the first 5 rounds of the series, with a single 60-minute race forming the finale of the season at round 6. Qualifying will be run over a ten minute session, as before, but this time laps are unlimited. After some small issues regarding grid positions, it has been decided to run two qualifying sessions during the "race weekend," so if you have a poor race 1 result, you can re-qualify and there is a better chance for you to improve for race 2. The idea is to provide people with limited track space and to up the drama during qualifying, without maintaining the semi-artificial nature of superpole.

The starts will be a rolling start at a specified speed, with a manual formation lap and a manual green flag signal, which will be indicated by the Race Director (usually myself). This will be the case for ALL rounds of the championship, and strong penalties will be issued for anyone caught jumping the start or causing a collision during this phase of any race. Equally, the unique push to pass system will be in place for the second season of WSS, allowing 8 pushes per race. However, these will not be allowed until after the individual has crossed the start/finish line for one complete racing lap. There will be reminders of this strict rule prior to the race both in the race briefing thread and in the server itself. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be disqualified from that race result.

Apologies, please check the league information thread.

To clarify here:

Schedule

• [*:3kmdht4f]Open Practice: 1800GMT
    [*:3kmdht4f]Qualifying: 1910GMT (open, unlimited laps)
    [*:3kmdht4f]Warmup: 1925GMT
    [*:3kmdht4f]Race (1): 1930GMT
    [*:3kmdht4f]Warmup: 2000GMT (if applicable
    [*:3kmdht4f]Race 2: 2005GMT (if applicable)

Throughout the season, UK is GMT+1, while CET is GMT+2, meaning races will start at 2030UK and 2130CET.

US Eastern Time will be GMT-4 throughout, while Australians will have to double check their own timezones, but will be around GMT+10-12.

Whilst we will try to keep to the timetable, and qualifying will always be on time, the schedule may slightly change due to extra time between sessions and/or if the races are slower/faster than anticipated.

i really hope that i can participate in this league, im getting to grips with the stock cars and am really enjoying driving them, my main concern is that i am going to be too slow with them so is there any 107% rule in qualifying or anything like that?

Yeah, same problem here in the U.S. EST is GMT -4 so it's even earlier. Of course if race times were later, it's like 1 AM or 2 AM for UK and CET on a weekday, so weekday races create a problem whichever way you go! :cry:

Fortunately, there will be AGTC and ATCC on Friday nights! Although you'll miss racing your Brazilian V8's though. :(

Thank you sleepless Euros for staying up to rce with us Americans (North, Central, and South)! This one's is ofr you guys and students with more free time. They're faster half asleep than we are wide awake anyway! :o

08/06/2012

• [*:39pi7s6y]After careful consideration, the calendar has been altered to Friday nights rather than Wednesday nights, and the schedule has been pushed later in the night, to accommodate those in Brazil, without pushing it too late for the Europeans. Please check the
League Information Thread to make sure you know what the dates and times are.
[*:39pi7s6y]As a result of the date change, we have two rounds that will be just 7 days after the previous round. Please pay attention when it comes to that date, so you don't miss it!
[*:39pi7s6y]Delaware has been moved on the calendar as it requires less preparation prior to the event (there are only two corners on an oval!)
[*:39pi7s6y]Sebring now has the correct number of laps listed at 21. This should be enough for a 60-minute race.

This time is too early for us brazilians, we are GMT -3, and qualify start at 16:10, in a week day, is impossible to join, for workers.

The calendar and the timeframe has been altered - check again! :)

The calendar and the timeframe has been altered - check again! :)

THX a lot!!! now i can race and i'm very happy!!!! :D:shock::o:lol::arrow::mrgreen:8-)

edit: how can i change my profile to full name, to join the league? do i need to register in the forum again with real name??

ps: you guys dont like interlagos??

THX a lot!!! now i can race and i'm very happy!!!! :D:shock::o:lol::arrow::mrgreen:8-)

edit: how can i change my profile to full name, to join the league? do i need to register in the forum again with real name??

ps: you guys dont like interlagos??

We're gunna have a pre-season race at Interlagos, because everyone knows it, rather than stick it into the championship. :)

Ryan will get your name sorted out hopefully, just PM him.

Is it worth entering the championship with missing 2 rounds? :cry:

The changes on the dates just ruining it

Sorry Kevin, it will suit some more than others. You can still race if you like, missing 2 of the 6 rounds is not a great deal and the point of the championship is that it's fun! :)