Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VSS: Archive

2,624 posts in this topic

VLM_Sebring_12h1.png

Schedule

All events consist of two races, back to back, as follows:

• Practice: all days prior to event
  • Qualifying 1: 1800GMT
  • Warmup 1: 1810GMT
  • Race 1: 1815GMT (15 laps)
  • Interval: 1845GMT (circa)
  • Qualifying 2: 1850GMT (circa)
  • Warmup 2: 1900GMT (circa)
  • Race 2: 1905GMT (circa, 15 laps)

Throughout the season, UK is GMT, while CET is GMT+1, meaning race one will start at 1815UK and 1915CET. US Eastern Time will be GMT-5 throughout, with Brazil GMT-2, while Oceanians will have to double check their own timezones, but will be around GMT+8-11.

Click this link to see what time it is in your country.

All times are approximate, and especially for the second stage of the event, times may fluctuate by 5-10 minutes. Sessions will never start early.

Notes for the drivers

• This track often sees incidents in turn two, three and four, and six.
  • Remember the safety and enjoyment of 30 other drivers is worth more than just your own.
  • Preparing fully for this event is part of showing respect to your fellow competitors.
  • You are not expected to wait for another driver should you be at fault in an incident. However, should you choose to wait (to avoid being reported post-race and/or escape endorsements) then do so in a safe position and within a lap of the incident. Accidents caused by drivers waiting in dangerous areas will be penalized severely.
  • The staff will investigate all lap one incidents and any observed on the live broadcast - but aside from that, any incident needs to be reported within 48 hours for the staff to be able to review it - it is also fair to say that lap one incidents will be dealt harsher penalties then those during other parts of the race due to the potential for damage involved.
  • May I remind you of the TPS Rules & Regulations.

Formation Lap Details:

• Weaving, hard braking, hard acceleration and general tyre warming behaviour is allowed, but be careful while doing so. There is nothing so frustratingly stupid than ruining yours and other's races on the formation lap.
  • Game Stock Car will notify you this is a formation lap. Pay attention and stay in order, not necessarily two by two, otherwise drivers getting to their grid slot can be problematic.
  • Anybody who spins out during the formation lap will be able to resume their position but must be extremely cautious while moving back through the field, flashing their lights if necessary. This is the only time excessive flashing of lights may be used.
  • Your speed may not exceed 100kph/62mph during the formation lap.
  • The formation lap is not part of the race distance, so factor this into your fuel requirements
  • As you come round to the grid at the end of your formation lap, your grid slot will be marked by a red square.
  • Holding your brake will help the game position you if you are not positioned exactly.
  • The race will not start until all cars are lined up correctly.
  • For those waiting, there is no message to inform that the race is beginning, so keep your attention firmly on the start lights.

Track Boundaries:

• Track boundaries at Sebring are the default TouringProSeries rules, which can be read via the link above, article 6.3.
  • Kerbing, which may be used, is indicated by the blue and white kerbing textures.
  • The boundaries at T20 are the walls, not the white lines.

Current Entry List
If your name appears in the allocation below, you are expected to show up for the race. If you cannot race you must sign-out in the Absence Report thread here at least by 23:59GMT of the day before the race. You run the risk of being expelled from the league if this is not carried out.

• Jonatan Åcerclinth
  • Kevin Angywn
  • Danny Asbury
  • Daniel Bäck
  • Lars Brugman
  • Chris Butcher
  • David Carter
  • Ernie Draske
  • James Fellows
  • Ben Hackeson
  • Oscar Hardwick
  • Adrian Holm
  • Alexander Lauritzen
  • Gary Lennon
  • Lewis McGlade
  • John Munro
  • Ivan Navarro
  • Lee Palmer
  • Dino Paolini
  • Matt Richards
  • Scott Søvik
  • Eric Stranne
  • Marcello Tocco
  • Steve Travers
  • Juha Tuunainen
  • Erik Tveit
  • Ryan Walker
  • Andrew Waring
  • Robert Wiesenmueller

Currently having problem with my connection, technicians should come between Friday-Saturday. So just use this report just in case I can't get it fixed until the race time.

EDIT: internet seems back to normal now, i'll try to race! :D

I have some problems with the symsync - there is one car to download but whey I start the sync it does nothing. 0,0 kb/s downloadspeed and the VCC for example works perfecly. What could be the problem? I haven't changed anything on my pc or any other settings.Please help, cause' I want to be in the race. Thanks!

Okay did it, I had to choose "prefer main server" and it works!

Complete failure in the first race with the fuel. And it's not like one of us in THR made a really bad calculation error. We were all stupid... Would have been P2 but it's P5. But I was very lucky to even get over the line cause I had no drive anymore out of the final corner, just pressed clutch and hoped for the best. Well done to Ryan, maybe it was lucky to win in that particular race, but with all the work and consistency you put in over the season, you definately deserve it!

In the second race we make it better and I finish P2. Finally a good result on this track. But Alex was in a class of his own, once again.

About my season: Maybe this year did not quite have the glamour factor from last year with all these FSR drivers. But for me, it was much more enjoyable. Many nice battles throughout the season, a fine 4th place overall despite missing Fuji, and we win the teams championship and Alex wins the drivers champ for our team. I still don't have that win here, but I scored 3 podiums so that is pretty good. If this league comes back on GSC 2013 I will be interested, but I also wouldn't mind a mod change. My dream is that AC brings the 1996 ITC Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI. That car is true supertech at least for its time.

Quick race and season-end report:

Sebring: R1; very dissappointed with being smashed out of turn2, even moreso considering the fact that a theoretical incident-free race could have finally been my first TPS podium... Would have not been the most glamorous way to do that with the fuel problems of others, but I would have taken it nevertheless^^

R2: After starting from the same gridposition again, I lost a bit of ground at the start, but got the 2 positions back due to a incident in front of me. 

I tried to stay close to Adrian afterwards, but I was doing too many small mistakes and coudn't really put a good stint together.  p5 was still a nice result and atleast got me to p7 in the standings in the end;  could have been even p5 without the stuff in race1, but maybe it was not that wrong to stay behind Eric and John in the standings as I think these 2 were better overall over the season :)

Even with the collection of sometimes comedic cirumstances that ruined some of my races this season (fuel shortage + car rolling into a false-start + race after my best q-position not taking place + incidents), I did enjoy this season much more than the last 2.

Mostly because I finally figured out what I did wrong the other 2 seasons (wrong settings and bad setups).

Thanks to Ryan for a very good organization and also to the guys racing around me, which made for some enjoyable racing mostly.

Also a big thanks to Kevin for asking me to drive for Team Down Under, as I was at first sure to give up after what happened in S3 but I'm glad he got me to do S4 :)

If there is some series running again with some cars and sims that I like, I'm sure I'll see you guys on track again :cool:

About my season: Maybe this year did not quite have the glamour factor from last year with all these FSR drivers. But for me, it was much more enjoyable. Many nice battles throughout the season, a fine 4th place overall despite missing Fuji, and we win the teams championship and Alex wins the drivers champ for our team. I still don't have that win here, but I scored 3 podiums so that is pretty good. If this league comes back on GSC 2013 I will be interested, but I also wouldn't mind a mod change. My dream is that AC brings the 1996 ITC Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI. That car is true supertech at least for its time.

Well, my dream would be a proper DTM mod, that would just be the best, I think. =]

I prefer the old cars, cause they had really interesting concepts. Some cars had RWD, some cars had 4WD. There was a tyre war, no stupid DRS zones or mandatory pitstops. Regulations were quite open so the teams developed all kinda stuff like traction control, sequential gearboxes and in some fields the cars were more advanced than F1 at the time.

Super GT is the best current series in my opinion. Unfortunately they take over large parts of the DTM regulations for next year. But still, they got longer races, different engines, free tyre choice and some more stuff. DTM has way too many spec parts and stupid rules.

But all that is irrelevant what I say cause there is no proper Super GT or ITC mod. DTM is available for rF2 (but that game sucks on other fields..) and they bring their official DTM Experience game, but that's not a sim. For Super GT there were some images released a long time ago for a potential mod but I think it never happened. It's a shame though.

IqyJfxW.jpg?1

Quick race and end of season report from me:

Qualifying 1: I couldn't get to grips with my qualifying set up so I decided to just plod round and see where I qualified so 4th at the end of qualifying I was quite happy with.

Race 1: Got off to a ok start but other people around me seem to get a better launch so I just tried to keep out of trouble in the first couple of laps. Was stuck behind Matt Richards for a few laps and decided not to try anything risky moves as I wanted to try and just finish in the top 5 to get the points I needed to catch John and Robert in the standings to stand any chance of finishing in the top 3 in the championship.

Finally got by Matt but then he got a run on me heading for the hairpin and seen he was up the inside of me then I braked for the corner and seen he went flying wide and went by him again and decided to start pushing and try to catch Robert and Adrian. Slowly started catching Robert and Adrian with 3 or 4 laps remaining and figured out they didn't have enough fuel and finally caught up to Adrian and had a run on him on the exit of turn 1 and went by then caught Robert and went by him then I decided to just get to the finish for what would of been P2 to then I seen Alexander was in the pits which surprised me but when I seen I was in P1 so I just cruised to the finish to take my first ever TPS Virtual Supertech Series win.

I have to say a big thank you to anyone who said congratulations to me, really appreciated and feels great to get my first VSS win.

Qualifying 2: Qualified in P4 again so I couldn't complain.

Race 2: Got off to a crap start and fell back to 6th or 7th position. Seen Adrian, Oscar and Matt in front of me battling away so I decided to just back off incase they got into trouble in front of me. 

Seen Matt spinning in front of me into the wall and bounced into Oscar so I went by them when I got the chance and started pushing to keep up with Adrian and was hoping he would maybe make a mistake and run wide which he did a lap later so I took my chance to go by him and start pulling away from him.

Was pushing like crazy to catch Robert but everytime I used my P2P he did as well and just couldn't catch him so I just decided to try and finish in P3 as I knew I could finish in the top 3 in the championship if I stay there and also Adrian was catching me so I didn't want to push to much.

Expectations: I have to say to finish in the top 3 in the Virtual Supertech Series is not what I was expecting and I am over the moon with that championship result and did not expect to finish behind two quick drivers such as Alexander and Adrian. To also get my first win in the Virtual Supertech Series feels awesome.

See you around in future TPS series.

Round 7 Sebring

Race 1

Ben Hackeson: 8 points + DQ, 2 endorse

Lap 1, contact Paolini, use of P2P on opening lap

Hackeson hits Paolini at T1, causing damage to several cars as the field stacks up. He then uses P2P on the opening racing lap, a hard, fast rule that unfortunately means disqualification from the result.

Race 2

No penalties applied