Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rFactor 2 allows human pit stops?

9 posts in this topic

Easier to use a catheter, no unbuckling all those belts and such. Added bonus, the announcer might say something like......

"There may be trouble with the number 5 car, seems to be leaving a trail of fluids!" lol :shock:

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

How does it run on your system loppy? :ugeek: How does the feel compare to rFactor1?Are there any leagues developing.( I quit public server racing 10 years ago in non iRacing sims)What is it about rF2 that stands out for you?

When we ran rFactor I had a portable hard drive I took around to my 6-7 racing buddies houses to get them up and running and spent countless hours on the phone trying to talk them through something to do with the sim.Without that we never would have been able to run together in the server I would put up.It was the same for the simbin titles when we moved on to them.Track mismatch,someone didn't have a paint job loaded,someone had a track with a hay bail where the others did not.

People say iRacing is not user friendly I just have to laugh.Overwhelming at first but not user friendly.It's pretty well plug and play.I talk new drivers through setting it up and configuring hardware on the phone or skype.The Bierbude group in Germany do an awesome job of getting all their members on the same page with the simbin titles and rfactor but you need to run in their severs and they put a large mix of cars in each so that is a little odd.

I would like to think that rF2 has addressed many of these issues.

Well Johnny, I probably won't be of much help to you. My first taste of sim (vs. console) racing came in Nov. when I discovered ISR, so not a ton of experience. I had been playing the SIMBIN titles until build 90 of rf2.

I have no experience with rf1 or online racing.

As for feel, I may do a terrible job explaining it but I get much more "feel" from the tires and what they're doing.

I can feel the brakes lock (and see their smoke), I can feel when I'm about to go over my limit and push too hard and oh my, if you crank the wheel too hard at the first two corners of Sepang it will let you know!! :) You can feel them "plowing?".

While Watkins still needs a bit of work you can feel the car respond to the changes in pavement as well.

The loss of grip after running off track and picking up crap, the loss of braking ability with cold temps.

You can also see and feel the track rubber in and see the obvious change in grip and lap times.

I hope I can become efficient enough to race online as I have never done that, in any game. The AI is quite different too and putting in far better lap times, not acting like a bunch of bumper cars.

I see there are leagues and locked races already on the server and others in the ISI forums joining leagues.

Oh, as far as running on my system (i7, 6950) I have everything maxed EXCEPT shadows, no stuttering and usually at least 60fps. The newest build helped a few that were having issues. I never did, even though they had better gpu's, I was getting far better fps. Using a 24 car visible grid too. Anyhow, zero complaints from me in that regard.

Cool thx bud.Sounds very cool.

I'm sure that if you wandered online someday you would find that you're better than you think and they all aren't as good as you think.In time.

It sounds like a cool sim.I may get it once the beta is done with just to have a good look myself.Add it to the collection.