Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza 4 CSR "Sim" steering Drift/Track

6 posts in this topic

Hey, im kinda new here, but just wondering what kind of setting people use for Drifting or Track racing? I find that i simply cannot drift with "Simulation" steering, as correcting for oversteer seems downright wrong, but with the "normal" my steering i can do quite well, trashing my buddies who are using gamepads. Anyone else notice this? I also notice that when racing, the slightest movement when i have a loss of traction, even like 5 degrees of rotation to counter completely spins out my car, whats up with this?

Current settings for track are:

Sensitivity (SEn): 900

Force feedback strength (FF): 100

Vibration strength (Sho): 100

Drift mode (dri): 1

ABS: 90

Linearity (Lin): 0

Deadzone (dEA): 0

Spring (SPr): -3

Damper (dPr): -3

Drifting I just use less sensitivity and put it to normal steering.

After the Forza 4 update many months ago the sim steering and normal steering changed. It was recommended to use Normal steering for best response. I use Normal all the time. (in the beginning it was said the sim steering would be more realistic, but since the update it is not so true anymore). Use what you like and enjoy the fun!

It was recommended to use Normal steering for best response.

Ok, so the sim steering is sort of officially incorrect? I never really figured the whole thing could just be accepted as being wrong, but i also havent really looked into past this :P

Ok, so the sim steering is sort of officially incorrect? I never really figured the whole thing could just be accepted as being wrong, but i also havent really looked into past this :P

Sim steering was designed for a more realistic lock-to-lock response when using a controller.

When using a Simulation wheel Normal works best. Think of it this way. You need to "simulate" steering when you don't have a steering wheel. When you actually have a steering wheel, pedals, shifter, then you don't need the game to simulate what you already have. A normal real world control of the cars in a very close to realistic physics environment.

FYI I am a real world drifter with competition experience.

For more info on drifting check out my discussion on these forums.

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=6821

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forum ... 18162.aspx

Youtube for videos of my real world drifting, and the sim-drift cabinet I built.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BYRacing77

the best thing i can do for me is just build your own tune and run smaller tires on the front i do all of my own tuning when tuneing if it feels like it counter steers you way to much and like flips you in to drifting in to the wall camber out the frount tires by half degrees degatve intill it feels right