Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 pedals - Is it possible to rewire them to work with G25?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. Continuing on from my previous thread about removing the rounded off allen screw, I'm just considering all my options. In the situation where I can't get the screw out of the pedals, can anyone tell me if its possible to rewire a set of G27 pedals to work with a G25? If it is possible, can you tell me how to do it? The reason I'm asking is because I remember Logitech Support telling me that the G25 is now obsolete and so they wouldn't have any spare parts for it so they wouldn't have a set of G25 pedals. With the G27 however, I think they might. So I'm in the process of contacting Logitech to see if I can organise getting a set of G27 pedals. Thanks.

This is true, the pedals never did change between the models other than the extra holes for adjustment of the pedal plates.

If you have a tap & die set you could easily make these changes to the 25's pedal set. Good luck ;)

Thats great to hear! Thanks! :D I'm really happy to know this. I have contacted Logitech about requesting a set of G27 pedals, which I would pay for ofcourse. If they don't go for it, would you know of any way of helping convincing them to go for this? I really don't want to spend €300 (getting a G27 wheel+shifter+pedals) just to have the pedals.

Ok, I got an email back from Logitech support. They just offered me a loyalty discount on a G27, which was not I was looking for. I am looking for a set of G27 pedals only so I mentioned this again.

Perfectly Possible. Although the only change that I was aware of was the position and the adjustable pedal pads,

Both Pedal sets should work with their opposite number Wheel.

The Shifter however is a strange one and WHY Logitech changed the wiring confuses me greatly because the internal Circuitry is identical, the solution is VERY simple though if you already own a G25 Sequential Shifter and want to use it with your G27 then simply disassemble and swap the existing cable from the G27 to the G25 and you good to go.

Mozz

cool, this is great, i've been looking for this info, since my G25 wheel is about to die (i hope i can fix it, it has a suttle rumble when turning, either plugged or unplugged from the power supply) but since i have my g25 pedals modified, i would like to use them if I have to buy a new G27 wheel.

for the shifter there is a solution thanks to Mozz, that i happen to see that is also in this thread :)