Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 vs Trustmaster RGT

6 posts in this topic

Just ordered a G27 been using a RGT for my first 4 months of iRacing and currently racing the truck series.

Right now with the RGT I seem to always be anywhere from about 10th to 7th never being a winning contender. Not sure if its the wheel or me trying to be careful. So I was wondering if the new wheel will help me get up to speed or was wondering if anyone had the RGT then changed to the G27.

Hi foots7,

I own a RGT (the old one, without clutch pedal) since 2006. I have also tried it with iRacing. Since two weeks I also own a G27, but I used it only with GT5.

The FFB of the RGT is fine. But G27 is just a step above in almost all aspects. You have a very nice shifter-unit, better shifter paddles behind the wheel, better materials (leather and metal), a very nice (!) set of pedals and more functions (like 900 degrees of rotations).

You just can't compare. And considering that the G27 is triple the price of a RGT (in €), you shouldn't compare.

I kept my RGT as a backup. Just enjoy your G27 as soon as it arrives :)

Just ordered a G27 been using a RGT for my first 4 months of iRacing and currently racing the truck series.

Right now with the RGT I seem to always be anywhere from about 10th to 7th never being a winning contender. Not sure if its the wheel or me trying to be careful. So I was wondering if the new wheel will help me get up to speed or was wondering if anyone had the RGT then changed to the G27.

Make sure you set it up properly and use the 900 degrees of rotation. Default is only 200 in the logitech driver.

Hi there

I have a driving force gt wheel, and the pedals of my wheel aren't working properly so i'm thinking of upgrading to a better wheel, i've come across with a RGT wheels for a good price, roughly half the price of g27, can someone give me an opinion if the diference of quality makes it worth the extra money for a g27?

Thank you very much :)

Make sure you set it up properly and use the 900 degrees of rotation. Default is only 200 in the logitech driver.

Why use 900 if the some cars have less rotation. Should not be set for each car individually?