Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What sims are beter than i racing???

20 posts in this topic

Rfactor 1/2 - Especially HistorX

Now Gangi may have a Different opinion lol

very funny.. I love that mod and rFactor is amazing.

To answer the original poster, what are you looking for in a Sim ? We are having a discussion on being a sim racer or sim driver. What do you consider yourself ? ALso if budget is a concern, iRacing may not be the best place to go.

Ive got all the cars and tracks i wanted off i racing and i love it..seen alot f1 mods in rfactor 1,are the mods hard to instal???shall i bother with r factor 1 or just wait till rfactor 2 is up with more mods??? i feel im a 70%racer %30 driver...Thanks guys :D

Ive got all the cars and tracks i wanted off i racing and i love it..seen alot f1 mods in rfactor 1,are the mods hard to instal???shall i bother with r factor 1 or just wait till rfactor 2 is up with more mods??? i feel im a 70%racer %30 driver...Thanks guys :D

rFactor can be a pain.. rF2 is much easier.. If you want to race in rfactor, you should try to find a league. We have a section here with rFactor leagues and there's some good ones..

Also check out our rF section and the how to threads.

I will be open minded in my answer. For me being able to install mods was and still is a very big thing for me it was a lot of the excitement for me earlier on when I hadn't driven a lot of the cars yet and the add on tracks were icing on the cake.

GPL, NR2K3, GTL, GTR2, rFactor1 were all modded quite a bit and I love them all. Are any better than iRacing IDK it's all a matter of opinion. I tried the iRacing thing and it just was not for me. Big reason is you can easily exceed over $1000.00 into it over a matter of a year or 2 with monthly subscription and price for cars and tracks and entry fees into races it adds up. As for Me I'd rather give that money to Thomas J for a CSW and CSS.

So my favorites are GTR2 and rFactor1 but understand that they may not compete as far as online game play goes but I think the driving is every bit as enjoyable.

"Entry fees? Price mentioned for iRacing would be if you bought all the tracks and cars virtually at once. Not going to happen. It would be like going to the supermarket and buying everything you see. Trouble is, you'd never have time to eat it all. With iracing you get the one car you're going to use, and the tracks you need for that season. Then, if you don't have much money, you can run another season on the same tracks and the same car, then add the occasional track. It costs, but I don't have to search out races or bend my life around some time that's convenient for Europe but horrible for me. The service is averaging out thousands of races a week. Do you think rFactor is anywhere near that?

"Entry fees? Price mentioned for iRacing would be if you bought all the tracks and cars virtually at once. Not going to happen. It would be like going to the supermarket and buying everything you see. Trouble is, you'd never have time to eat it all. With iracing you get the one car you're going to use, and the tracks you need for that season. Then, if you don't have much money, you can run another season on the same tracks and the same car, then add the occasional track. It costs, but I don't have to search out races or bend my life around some time that's convenient for Europe but horrible for me. The service is averaging out thousands of races a week. Do you think rFactor is anywhere near that?

I was being nice John. Yes it is expensive and when I was a member there were entry fees into events.

It was a little too much for me to bare since I like driving a lot of cars and a lot of tracks. I just think there are better values but iRacing wins on the simplicity for entering online sessions.

That other thing I did in the iRacing thread I said right off was a troll post and have moved past that. I am doing my best to be constructive and yes I may be misunderstood at times. Firstly I think it's great John that you still have a lot of enthusiasm and passion for Sim Racing. As for me like I said in the other thread I may have gotten a little burnt out on it after 10 or so years but it seems to be engrained in my DNA at this point so I just won't quit. Do I hold a resentment over iRacing it probably is because I would like to be a part of it too but just can't manage to work it into my tight budget. Why would I be totally against a guy involved with GPL and NR2K3 which I stated I love. So it's not the software it's the price.

I am happy to put all that other mess behind us and move forward :D

@Me John? as far as the CSW Formula Rim shift paddles? Fanatec before they shipped it notified me of the problem and gave me some options. I choose to have them send the whole thing and they did offer new shifters for the rim when available. The problem I see and was stated is with the spring and far as I can see it causes slow shifts which is not good in a Formula 1 car when you down shift you want it to be BangBangBang so some of the downshifts are missed. I will take them up on their offer when those are available.

Glad they contacted you. I want that Formula rim, but I'm going to give it a while, and watch the comments, both good and bad. If I determine their quality issues are still with them, I'll hold off any new purchases. If I've seen they've improved, I'll consider a purchase. Fanatec promising you a fix is a good sign, but they still released a wheel that obviously needed more development time.

Birddogg,did you see the 3 months free deal Cadillac is sponsoring?It's for new members so you wouldn't have any of the content you may have owned before but you would get 3 free tracks.(and you might be called birdddogg 2)Check into that and come out with us on Sunday evenings for a laugh.

I did it. 3mos worth. I will say I do love the oval racing. The road racing I'll have to get a grip on due to the differences between it and what I am use to(ISI based titles). It's similar to the road race mods for NR2K3 in a way IMO.

As for my Clubsport package it really is a great wheel. I do love the formula rim John it just works for me I am able to slide a hand down to the bottom of the rim in turns and get added more stable leverage it's really nice. As for the wheel base still seems to be those quirky little issues with fanatec sometimes at boot the pedals are not recognized or at times the throttle and the wheel has to be rebooted. I have felt once or twice where one of the feedback motors will die out for a second so the wheel will pull and I have had a couple of disconnects but really not much of a heating problem at all. The hydraulic damper on the pedals? IDK how much usefulness it really has maybe just to smooth the breaking a hair.

Overall the FFB is great and the ability to change wheels in one simple motion is wonderful. I like it very much. Would I use it to race for $10,000.00 no I would not because I feel it could let me down.

One last thing while pCARS may not have their new physics model in place yet the game play is really good at the moment. Nothing really to wreck an enjoyable experience

IDK Guys the road racing physics just don't work for me in iRacing the cars are too prone to wanting to swap ends from nose to tail. The Oval racing is excellent hard to say what is better iRacing or ARCA Sim Racing both are real good. The perfect Road Racing sim for me and maybe for as long as I can run it is GTR2 then probably rF1 and then a list of other ISI based sims GSC, Superleague and so forth. The non based ISI sim I also give very high regards to is NetKar pro it may have the best physics overall from what I have mentioned but does have it's draw backs in some areas but the driving is great.

Edit: With some iRacing laps down a little more comfortable. If I decide to continue I will have to go with their best value long term plan so I am not stuck at 12 bucks a month we shall see.

I feel a little dissapointed with iracing. It gets really old real fast. It is just a sandbox online game. On console games they add more of a real life feeling. I would like to see more of that added to iracing. I'm not talking about changing the system. Give you a garage and a team and sponsors and the better you do in your racing you can add more and sign better sponsors. Give more to do. I get borde just racing every hour. I have not joined a league yet, I plan to with my simulator is finished but if it wasn't for leagues then I would probably stop playing iracing because I get borde with it. I like rfactor but it's getting a little dated I was really looking forward to rfactor 2 but if they charge to download mods than I won't play rfactor 2. I would say if your not impressed with iracing to do rfactor. Or swich to a console game.

Another thing is are you looking for something for just online or are you looking for offline too?  I say offline meaning that you're looking for a sim with good ai.  You'll never find humanistic ai but there some sims that are better in that department than others.

What I do is just comb through this forum and read what others have experienced.  I have found that this site has many members that will share their experiences in detail so others can benefit.