Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

begginer simracer

45 posts in this topic

I would suggest buying GTR Evolution from Amazon. It's only $7, and it includes RACE 07. The boxed copy can be activated on Steam if you want, and it's cheaper than buying it directly from Steam.

As for the wheel, it will depend on your budget, but you'll want one of the Fanatecs if you can afford it. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good budget wheel like the DFGT for PS3, but at least Fanatec's stuff is modular so you can upgrade parts as you go along. Watch their segment about wheels for Forza 4:

I like the Race 07 series allot, great selection of cars and tracks. I recommend getting the GTR-Evolution edition as it has a bunch of GT cars and the Nurburgring Nordschleife track.

You can also check out http://www.raceroom.net/ for a free game called "Raceroom the game 2"

Dirt 3 is also good=)

I think "Race Injection" is the way to go. You get almost everything which was ever released from the Race '07 series. It has good tracks, touring cars, formula cars etc. And the price is more then acceptable.

Another pro is, that you don't need the latest hardware to run it with proper settings. So I would say, best value for your (limited?) money.

What hardware do you use?

I bought Race Injection back in February and I have about 85 hours in it so far. Tons of tracks and cars but you can get the Race 07 demo from steam and try it out to see if you like it. Comes with a few cars and Brands Hatch.

You are 15 years old, so whats your budget?

iRacing has monthly costs and rFactor 2 for online races as well AFAIK.

my budget for the wheel is 300 to 350 so what can i get

I bought Race Injection back in February and I have about 85 hours in it so far. Tons of tracks and cars but you can get the Race 07 demo from steam and try it out to see if you like it. Comes with a few cars and Brands Hatch.

does it have good graphics

my budget is 300 to 350 what kin of wheels can i get for xbox and pc compatible and i really like fanatec can u guy help and does any body know how much fanatec gets to ship to sandiego

For a solid start into simracing, and considering your budget and age, I would very much recommend you a G27 from Logitech. BUT then you won't have Xbox support.

If Xbox is a big deal for you, check one of Fanatec's bundles. Shipping cost should be displayed during the process of ordering. It should of course be displayed PRIOR you ordered something. So havea look to their web-shop. The only wheels in your price range with Xbox support are the CSR and GT2. To the GT2 you have to add a set of pedals, the CSR is abailable in different bundles.

Gamersgate has a "Racing Week" sale going on now, if you don't mind digital distribution services such as Steam (I know some people dislike them). They have Race 07 and some of the expansions. Unfortunately Simbin made this somewhat complicated, as sometimes they are sold as a standalone bundle (including Race 07) and sometimes just the expansion.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=racingweek

where does fanatec ship there products from is it germany or us and where is it made from what country it comes the wheel

Well, on the site they estimate 5-7 days by UPS Ground, so they must be shipping from within the US.

According to a post on GT Planet (don't know if it's true, but it's plausible), the wheels are manufactured in China and then shipped to Germany and the US.

With Xbox compatibility only comes to my mind Fanatec, but i think there is other options out there. Try ebay first.

For software, you should try LFS, even the Demo will show you what a sim is (lfs is a great school). Race Injection is a great pack and rFactor has plenty of things to get you going for a long time :)

Join a league and maybe a team if you are interested, is where you really learn a lot... racing with other people, charing knowledge and experiences and off course having fun ;)