Sim Racers - Introduce yourselves here
49 49

693 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My name is Ed Villarreal, I am 62 years old and have never played any video games in my adult life. 

I saw a YouTube video of the Oculus rift racing game the other day and was immediately hooked. 

Bait,line and sinker

I purchased a computer from Amazon yesterday . I’m not a computer guy but the thing is more than compatible for the specs on the Oculus. 

I am wanting to get a sim rig with no monitors, Preferably used. 

I look forward to reading this forum to help me improve my racing. 

Regards

ev

Newbie to present day pc's and sim racing.  Chris from England

Just built my system, general starter pack - x507 mb, amd 2700x, 16gb ddr 3200, ssd, rx580 nitro etc

Had a old work mate who told me about fanatec parts while back and the vr experience. As i'm a avid motorcyclist/racer and car lover too. I thought this sounds perfect, get away from the world and hopefully immersed in the vr racing world. 

Got a samsung odyssey plus from the states, fanatec v3 pedals inverted and gt3 wheel... just need a 2.5 base   (have to better my mate) 

Next step a chair etc and finding out which racing sim is best for me. I like more real the better. Hence why i stopped console gaming. 

Hello:  My name is Robert.  Played GT Legends on a Bob Earl seat with a G27 many years ago.  Now looking to build a new rig with newer tech.

Currently have: Used inverted Clubsport V3 pedals.

Looking for: Used OSW with small mige and Clubsport V1.5 shifter.

Then build 80/20 chassis with 4dof and traction loss.

I live in North Texas but work 3 weeks per month in NV.  The SIM rig is going in the Reno house so that it's out of her sight and mind. haha  As a Road Racer in NASA and some occasional endurance events in WRL, I'm looking to build a reasonable rig with the most realism for the buck to hone and maintain my skills.  I race Mustangs and Miatas in the real word so I'll likely stick with those platforms and find an online venue to participate.  I don't have experience with any of the online racing communities yet.

Thanks in advance as I will have questions.

rb

Hi all, I'm SimplyMod (maybe someone knows me for my Thrustmaster wheels mods or through my Instagram account). It is a pleasure for me to join this great community, I am mainly a simracer and a fan of simracing.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, SimplyMod said:

Hi all, I'm SimplyMod (maybe someone knows me for my Thrustmaster wheels mods or through my Instagram account). It is a pleasure for me to join this great community, I am mainly a simracer and a fan of simracing.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Hello new sim racer from San Diego, Cali.  Just got a used t500rs.  Still on ps4 until i save enough for a pc.

The feedback while driving is great but it feels like I'm constantly driving a car with no power steering, is that normal?

Hello all! Justin here from Seattle in the Pacific Northwest, 45yo.

Completely green to sim racing, but I've always had fun playing arcade-style racing games all my life, and I'm hyped on moving forward. I think what precipitated my deeper interest in SR was getting my first VR headset and playing the original DiRT Rally on PC with an XB1 controller. I found it so gratifyingly challenging, that I decided it was time to take it to the next level.

Picked up my first wheel - a T300 RS GT + TH8A new off of Ebay, and had a blast playing DiRT for exactly one day before the wheel failed on me, and I was forced to send it back for a refund because the seller refused an exchange. I'm incredibly stubborn, and I got an instant bad taste in my mouth for Thrustmaster, so now I'm shopping for Fanatec gear. Sadly, I've been reading similar horror stories about them.

I'm not particularly into IRL racing. I've never followed any motorsports, but because of DiRT, apparently I dig rally racing. I've begun watching YT vids of past races, and it blows my mind!

Anyway, hoping that I'll learn a lot from the some of the pros here - nice to meet you all!

Hello all. 

I'm Gig. SOuth Arkansas.  Drive a '06 Corvette in real-life and going to get into sim racing.  Haven't gamed at all in a while but need to update my rig for iRacing.

I have a post in the getting started in sim racing subforum.  Currently waiting for the mod to approve it.  I probably should have posted here first.

Hi

My name is Kev

I live in Somerset England

I'm 53 years old

Married with 3 boys

I have raced both motorcycles and Karts in the past 

I've taken the plunge and decided to enter the SIM racing world

I'll initially be using my son's PS4, but would like to move onto PC as well once I can afford the set up 

I have bought a Fanatec CSL Elite wheel and pedals and a Trak Racer TR8 cockpit to start with

Looking initially for advice on which games to use on PS4

Hey guys. My name is André, a 34yo who lives in Denmark. I've been a sim racing fan for a long time. Most likely since I saw my old brother play Outrun on arcade in the 90's. I've played and loved games such as Virtua Racing, Ridge Racer, NFS, V-Rally and later on the Gran Turismo franchise. But I feel I was too young (immature) to invest time and become better. After a long hiatus I decided to grab my virtual helmet again and just got GT Sport on PS4. I've also just got a T150rs pro and a next level racing wheel stand and oh boy, what have i been missing... I'm also trying Asseto Corsa, Dirt 2.0 and a little bit of Crew 2 because of the open world. It might be a little late to invest since next gen is coming but I think i'll just stick around for a while.

I feel I have the maturity needed to enjoy my setup, to learn and evolve my driving experience.

I've started a yt channel, where i'll be posting videos of my journey to perfect the lines and tame the T150.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChLl3yhDNX4YX0DrkWO0YEg

Thanks

A

Hi! I’m James, I call Indiana, US my home.

Ive only played arcade racing games years ago on a PS3 using a G27 in a DIY rig. After a few months I sold my setup... I have no clue why.

Yesterday I ordered a GT Omega R6 seat and a G29 setup. Im going to build a cockpit ground up once everything arrives. Years ago I built a PVC cockpit which was very stable and a great fit. This time around I’m using wood. I really enjoyed my first build! My second one will put the first to shame and should just overall be a cleaner build.

I haven’t dove in too deep yet, heck I’ve barely scratched the surface but I remember only being able to spend 30 mins behind a controller, then once I wrapped my hands around the G27 and was snug in my first rig I spent a lot of long nights in that seat. Hours... Can’t wait to take the next step, eventually step away from the PS4 and into PC and VR.

I’d like to take this more seriously eventually once I lockdown a PC, probably toward the end of the year. For now I’ll stick to NFS, Project Cars, and DiRT. Also, I have a 6 year old son who just started showing a lot of interest in racing games(not just Fortnite thankfully) so I can’t wait to see his reaction once he gets behind the wheel!

Thanks for the add!

Edited by FourthStreet

Hello. Just got into sim racing during this pandemic, since I can't race in real life, and it's been keeping me sane. Currently racing in iRacing but also have AC/ACC, RRE, and rF2, just haven't tried them yet. See you on the virtual track!

Mike H from Utah, 64 yrs old, first foray into gaming, but have wanted to do SIM racing for a long while.

Using  a weak PC for the time being, most likely get the series x when available rather than build another PC.

Spent a short time with Dirt 4, and even shorter time with FH4 (for the life of me have not been able to get steering settings where they feel right to me). Have been playing FM7, love being able to drive real life tracks.

Got GTR cockpit set up this weekend.

Hi all,

Eric from Aumsville, Oregon 

54, recently divorced.

Sim raced a long time ago with CART racing, GPL but slowly got away from it. Getting back into it now and just purchased a new PC, cockpit, etc. Going to dedicate a small room in the house for it. Should have everything here by mid December....getting excited!

On 10/18/2020 at 9:29 AM, mgh24 said:

Mike H from Utah, 64 yrs old, first foray into gaming, but have wanted to do SIM racing for a long while.

Using  a weak PC for the time being, most likely get the series x when available rather than build another PC.

Spent a short time with Dirt 4, and even shorter time with FH4 (for the life of me have not been able to get steering settings where they feel right to me). Have been playing FM7, love being able to drive real life tracks.

Got GTR cockpit set up this weekend.

What is your gamertag and maybe we can race some forza together