Sim Racers - Introduce yourselves here
35 35

672 posts in this topic

Hi All

I'm new to car sims, but not new to flight sims.

My PC is an i7,

32GB ram,

512GB M.2 SSD,  + 10TB of local storage,

1070 GTX video card, with multiple monitors (34in and 24 in.

I had a 1080 til the fan connector blew off the board :-(

I now have the Samsung Odyssey HMD mixed reality goggles, which are the bees knees, 

I've just built the first half of my racing sim, see my post in DIY builds.

I'm about to build the seat as the 2nd hand ones locally are too expensive, ($200+)

Edited by dupontin

Hi all

What hoops do you have to jump through to post in other forum pages?

I posted one a day ago with pics but it's still showing requiring moderator approval.

Edited by dupontin

Hi all, Trev (trev82usa) on ps4, 35, mainly a PS4 racer ATM but undecided wether to jump ship and go for pc. 

Project cars series, dirt games and GT sport and Corsa

G29 shifter and pedals. 

55inch 4k curved Sammi TV 

Just a quick intro. My name is Brad been around cars and performance cars most of my life. Worked in the pits during the IMSA races in San Antonio years back. Love GTP cars. Anyways at 55 I need a hobby like I need a hole in my head but with grand kids and the love of cars I thought this would be a good direction. Building a system now and will be asking alot of ?s for sure. Anyways heres one of my sims. A day by the lake.

Cheers Brad

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Just a quick hello. My name is Harry. Bought a RSeat N1 and a Rseat T3L V2 (TV stand). In the process of building a PC and acquiring a wheel and pedals. Already signed up for iRacing.

Hi guys Dustin Helms here from Monroe NC I'm new to the online sim community I recently found Iracing and fell in love so much as I've spent about 1500$ preparing myself (new motherboard new processor new graphics card racing seat steering wheel and pedals thrustmaster t300 rs gt racing wheel and my dad and I have planned to build the diy wood rig from the isr forum) I've loved racing all my life and since I cant race in real life why not make it my hobby at home.  Look forward to seeing you guys on the track!!!

Edited by Dustin Helms
Grammar

Hi, I'm David, 25 yo, from Barcelona, spain.

I'm not new to this world but I need help with one thing about my steering wheel.

I'll give a try to this.

Edited by deivi

Hello everyone my name is Bill and I’m an al...oops wrong forum....lol 😆

I’m from Colorado by way of Daytona Beach, Florida US (in case you don’t know where it is)

I’ve been around cars and bikes my whole life and was a mechanic in some way shape or form most all of my life till an accident forced me to retire, but my passion has always been bikes from building to racing them they are just poetry in motion even without moving 😊

Although I’m new to Sim Racing im not new to gaming, I’ve been playing games since Pong and at almost 50, I tho not as quick as I once was still play FPS and driving games with my Xbox online and I’m just getting back into PC gaming with a new rig and trying VR with an Oculus Rift. (Looking to do some racing and flight / space sim playing)

So I’ve put together a GT omega cockpit with a G920 wheel and pedals, X56 HOTAS, 50” screen and now trying to figure out a transducer setup for all of this 🤯🤯.

I look forward to learning from you guys and maybe I can pay it forward too.

Thanks 

Bill

Any Sim Racers in the Charlotte, NC  area?

I am 65 years young, retired, and slow as hell but I enjoy racing online mostly Pcars 2, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom, and RF2.

Would like to know if there are any like minded racers in the area........

Current setup:

DIY built computer:  Fractal Design R5 case  / i7-6700k oc to 4.5 ghz  water cooled with Evga AIO /  Gigabyte Z170 Gamer 7 mobo  /  16gb ram   /  Evga 1080 ti  water cooled video card  / Windows 10 pro  /  2 -250gb nvme M.2 drives for OS and games / Inatech pcie USB hub 5 port  /  Asus Sonar pcie sound card  /  Oculus Rift CV1  

Racing Hardware:   GT Omega Pro cockpit  /  Simracing Bay 20nm DD wheel with Fanatec quick release hub /  SRS USB adapter for Fanatec rims  /  Fanatec BMW rim  / Fanatec F1 rim /  Fanatec V3 pedals  /  Fanatec Shifter v1.5  / Fanatec Handbrake  /  SRM  wind simulator  /   Transducers: 1 BK LFE  / 2 BK Adv / 1 TST 209  / 1 TST 239 / 2 ADX Maximus  /  2 Behringer 3000DSP amps and 2 1000DSP amps to run transducers   

Software: SimuCube , Fanaleds, JoytoKey, Crewchief v4 , Simvibe, Pcars 2, Assetto Corsa, Raceroom Racing Experience, RF2, Dirt Rally,  

Edited by Dennis Johnson

On 6.04.2018 г. at 12:37 AM, BionicChewbacca said:

Hello everyone my name is Bill and I’m an al...oops wrong forum....lol 😆

I’m from Colorado by way of Daytona Beach, Florida US (in case you don’t know where it is)

I’ve been around cars and bikes my whole life and was a mechanic in some way shape or form most all of my life till an accident forced me to retire, but my passion has always been bikes from building to racing them they are just poetry in motion even without moving 😊

Although I’m new to Sim Racing im not new to gaming, I’ve been playing games since Pong and at almost 50, I tho not as quick as I once was still play FPS and driving games with my Xbox online and I’m just getting back into PC gaming with a new rig and trying VR with an Oculus Rift. (Looking to do some racing and flight / space sim playing)

So I’ve put together a GT omega cockpit with a G920 wheel and pedals, X56 HOTAS, 50” screen and now trying to figure out a transducer setup for all of this 🤯🤯.

I look forward to learning from you guys and maybe I can pay it forward too.

Thanks 

Bill

LoL, I use that joke sometimes here in Bulgaria - we know this from US movies;) Welcome!

Good afternoon everyone,

My name is Charles and this is my first post as a new member here on the forums. I'm looking to add to my real world seat time with a decent racing simulator that will help during my downtime from motorsports, primarily auto-x. I'm just getting started and received my Logitech G920 setup a few days ago and hopped right onto Live for Speed. In the next few weeks I hope to narrow down my choice of seat and rig and possibly start an iRacing subscription. At the moment I'm playing on Xbox One and my very, very limited PC setup which I will hopefully upgrade in the near future. 

hi everyone, pete here, originally from uk but living in bangkok, thailand. which to a certain extent means ordering parts can be "fun". so i've been using steering wheels ever since a very old thrustmaster wheel, which was using ELASTIC BANDS! this was about 22 years ago... upgraded to microsoft force feedback wheel and kept that for a few years, and have periodically been updating the wheel but never really going nuts on the stuff due to not really finding a great game / hardware to put it on. recently i got hold of a g27, which then took me to getting a human-racing rig (this is an advantage of being in thailand tho...), then upgraded that to a T500RS, with the pedals, and got the shifter as well. and it is only now, NOW! that i look to go and do something a bit beyond now the technology, hardware and software have come together and the immersion is there. First time i played assetto corsa with the VR i was taken aback. SO realistic. and now i'm looking to put together my first "proper" <--- read, expensive, rig together. i have a few parts already, and, i think i really need some help with getting the right pieces to close it all!

hope to speak with u guys later, hasta luego!

pete. 

rigga-majig.jpg

Gentlemen (and sim racers too),

Although I've been an enthusiastic sim racer for over 10 years I'm new to ISR.  Being a genuine card-carrying geezer at age 69 I am mainly interested in racing cars from the 50's through the '70's so my favorite platform is GTR 2 with the Power and Glory mod.  I have Assetto Corsa but honestly prefer the older sims.

In "real life" I raced a Ducati in club level road racing for a few seasons and have been around autocrossing and sports car racing since i was 13.   I love to drive at a "sporting pace" on a good twisty road and my current ride is a 2017 VW Golf R model.

I look forward to learning more about newer sims and gear set ups here at the ISR forum.

IMG_0885.jpg

Dave Shearer (aka New Light)

Age 47    Infantry, Courier,  Retired 

Sim History: GT5/6 on PS3 2014-18. Switched to PC 5/2018

Current Sims: Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2

Current Gear: Logitech G27 and a  big, fast pc

Enjoyments: Classic and exotic road and race cars, offline only

Future Gear Upgrades: Fanatec v2.5 Wheel Base, McLaren GT 3 Wheel, Porche  Wheel, Fanatec v3.5 Pedals and Shifter

Future Sims: rFactor 2, Automoblista, Forza 7, F1 series

HI to all  I a from italy and after years of failed attempts to complete my f16 falcon flight simiulation cocpit i decided to  work on something that uses less switches and let the player enjoy the game with a reasonable realism level without  30 minutes of ramp up.

I'm currently modding the wheel of a T150 with a real racing rim. I need help with the arduino card. I am also woking on a set of standalone pedals (using MMjoy2 on an arduino pro micro card)  equipped with a load cell brake. 

PS my nick should have been Ryu (not Ruy) Hayabusa  but i noticed the mistake too late and i i decided that i like the name. 

Edited by Ruy Hayabusa
Spelling fixes

Hi,

found this forum whilst searching the net for a lotus 49 simulator.

the lotus 49 and classic f1 cars from the 60's are my inspiration for building a race sim.

I have an Xbox one and a 360 but looking to build a lotus49 cockpit and build the Xbox one into it to play forza and also f1 series of games.

any advice on connecting analogue gauges into a sim running Xbox greatly appreciated.

my background is building kit cars , restoring. Classic cars and my day job is in the electronic security industry.

I'm the wrong side of 40 but still like to play race games

cheers

paul

'

Hi. I Martin Joubert

I'm 48 Married, 4 Children and 5 grand Kids  

I live Cape Town South Africa

Gamer name on Forza and here : Husky 344

I've been playing racing games for some years but never online or Sim Racing.  I just getting started now and would love to know what games to get for sim Racing.Exclusively on the PC

Played Dirt 1, 2, 3,4 Dirt Rally and WRC 5,6,7

I own Forza 7

Equipment:

Logitech G920 Wheel, Pedals and shifter

PC, 17 With Sapphire Nitro 8gb Graphics card.

Hi, found this forum looking for a racing community and for getting help into getting in sim racing. F1 cars are my favourite cars, but I also like prototypes. Already bought a copy of rF2 and Assetto Corsa. Still need to buy my first wheel

Hi all,

I have been sim racing for quite a while. I started off with the F1 series of games going back to F1 2012 before, last year, falling in love with rally racing.

Since then I have mostly been playing WRC 7 and Dirt 4 along with, now, V-Rally 4.

Wishing everyone all the best and keep on driving.