Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GT5 Sebastian Vettel X Challenge - Gold

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, these are my gold runs in the vettel challenge. I've placed them in order with the most

difficult listed first. Notice on Suzuka I short shift into 5th gear on the second corner. I found

that gave a little more grip and as you come over turn 6 you can see vettel ghost well before he

gets around turn 7. If your cornering speed is good then its probably better to stay in 4th gear.

I use ABS=1 and Skid Recovery force ON with everything else off. My times were just good enough

to obtain gold and I have'nt played them since. Hope this helps and good luck. :)

Suzuka

Nurburgring GP/F

Monza

Hi It would be interesting to figure out an impartial way to test the tire modelling physics

of race simulation software. I guess if you could figure out how to hook up a McLaren ATLAS

system to forza4 and GT5 drive the same car setup then compare the data would get the job done ;)

Thanks Guys ... I can't really comment on how well either Forza4 or GT5 model tire physics as I have

no idea how they actually implement it within their code or how they translate that to what

you feel as force feedback behind the steering wheel. Personally I like the feel at the steering

wheel and how it relates to what you see and hear within GT5 compared to Forza4. But I

also enjoy driving Forza4 just as much as GT5.

Cheers

How this game got a higher score for physics than Forza 4 is laughable, the tire model is terrible

ya have to remember hennessey that the red bull sticks like the proverbial 'shit to a blanket' no matter what tyres, downforce, etc is selected lol

ya have to remember hennessey that the red bull sticks like the proverbial 'shit to a blanket' no matter what tyres, downforce, etc is selected lol
only 1 problem that car technically doesn't exist until red bull racing actually builds 1 then we'll know

The X2010 in Gran Turismo 5 has two engines, one to power the wheels another that powers a vacuum that sucks the car down to the ground adding incredible downforce. If this car was real no human being would even be able to drive it anyways, too much G force. Regardless of any of this the car is just fun to drive sometimes on GT 5.