Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just about there

12 posts in this topic

Well I took the chance and bought this yesterday morning, only paid for the 1 year deal..

So here's my thoughts, after a day of tweeking, I've got the game to play pretty well on my humble system, that is unless it rains lol.. then its a slide show.

But running with pretty high detail I'm still getting between 47 and 70fps, which isn't bad.

The Sim plays pretty well, but I just want to crack on and build my new system now, and get back to racing.

rFactor2, my PC isn't really up to running it with all the effects, i.e rain 20+ cars, but it does pretty well.

I had a big clean out on my PC this weekend, and have left myself with just LFS, NkPro & rFactor2 :D

Since rFactor2 is still in the beta stages, I hope they can tweak the code so the sim isn't so system resource hungry.

I guess we won't know until ISI have the product in it's final state.

It does show great promise though. :)

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Pretty sure Jack was the one who planted the seed in my head to try rFactor2, I had never played rFactor before but wanted to give it a shot in hopes of racing online someday.

I've been busy tweaking as well. I downloaded the latest version, I want to say it was v.69. Anyway, it made me so motion sick that I felt the effects for about 18 hours. I discovered Real Head Motion plugin and that made some improvement. (reminded me of Shift 2 in a way) Still, I felt balance issues. Then I realized that my fps was so low that it too was contributing to my motion sickness. OC'd my 6950 and cut the settings back and I'm getting close. Didn't want to try again today because I didn't want to end up spinning (in me head) and not get any racing in. :) Especially after watching F1 as that always gets me going!

I'm not familiar with much of the video/gpu setting terms so I have a bit to research. I select and check, select and check x10. :)

where do you get the game rFactor2? is it a download

It is a download, but it's in beta, meaning this isn't the final release, it is still being worked on. You can purchase a software license now and use it, but be prepared for the glitches. Those who enjoy giving feedback and getting a "first" glance at software can enjoy beta software but those who would rather not problem solve or read forums for info. should probably wait.

I downloaded it once they got to v.69, so I think it's far from a nightmare and quite enjoyable, warts and all! I don't mind beta, as long I'm not one of the first. I like to learn from others mistakes ...the same way I problem solve many computer issues. Hmmm, lemme Google what a Kernel Power event 41 means. lol

Here's the link for downloading ...

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1396-Downloads-(Installer-ISI-cars-tracks-Templates)

You will have to pay for it, it isn't free. I think it was $44 (usd). But you will get all the new versions as it improves as well as the final "ready for prime time" version.

Once you've downloaded the software you will need to download "packages" (files typically called .rfmod though there are other file formats), these are the cars and tracks for the game as the game itself does not have cars/tracks already installed. The packages are free and just like the SIMBIN games many modders are making/tweaking tracks, skins and other add on's for the game.

many thanks Lopsided, i think i will do the pay & d/l. would you know if the 'Modders" will bring out V8 supercar 'mods' like i have seen in rFactor? i wouldnt mind buying rFactor just for the V8s in it but it is old now but its hard to get as a d/l too lol i just want me V8s lol

many thanks Lopsided, i think i will do the pay & d/l. would you know if the 'Modders" will bring out V8 supercar 'mods' like i have seen in rFactor? i wouldnt mind buying rFactor just for the V8s in it but it is old now but its hard to get as a d/l too lol i just want me V8s lol

Haha. I can't imagine a game as big as this not getting a V8 mod. I like them as well and with all the mod's I have on Race07, their version is absolutely graphically gorgeous!! Game looks prime time.

Fortunately I met a guy named magicfr in the ISI forum and he was able to give me the info I needed to tweak my PLR file and take more head movement out. Grandma here was getting super dizzy ...first race sim ever to do that to me. Anyway, now it's playable. But like so many others I am still in search of the best GPU and game settings for frame rate and visuals. Because slow flame rate makes it miserable for me I gladly sacrifice graphics for some smoother flow.

Still working on it though. Players needing a polished/finished product may wish to wait a bit longer. Many will enjoy, Beta or not, but the easily frustrated may turn a light shade of red at times. :)