Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB used computer

8 posts in this topic

I live in south east Kentucky about an two hours north of Knoxville TN and two hours south of lexingtion ky. Again I would like to stay in the 350 shipped area but I am open to other possibilities.

Thanks

Its the shipping that will get you, getting a PC to run Iracing for around $350 is doable, but getting one shipped is another thing, PCs are big and heavy and need a big box with plenty of padding and that will cost you in terms of shipping. Best off looking on your local craigslist, ive purchased and sold PCs on craigslist without issue, just make sure you see it running before you hand over the cash.

good luck.

Go to microcenter.com or new egg.com, you will find a bare bones or refurbished computer for close to what you have. If you need a graphics card too I have an Nvidia GSO 9600 that will work with Iracing, I would be willing to sell pretty cheap.

If there's a Microcenter near you, I've been very surprised recently at how competitive they are. You can also go to their site and browse returned or open-box items. Here in Houston, I can compare between Frys, Microcenter, and Directron (www.directron.com), a local online order service/warehouse with competitive prices. Surprisingly, Microcenter often matches Directron. However, Directron does have some good bundle deals, and I saw a "bundle" computer for about $135 a few weeks ago. With another $200 or so for an adequate video card, RAM, etc, it would have been a good gaming computer. They may even have "shipping" deals.