Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Account question

4 posts in this topic

I was thinking of buying rFactor2 (£56.99 in the U.K) but know it won't run that well on my current computer (spec below). What I wanted to know is that when I upgrade my P.C or build a new one in about 3-4 months time can I transfer my game/account over to another P.C ? or is the game locked to 1 machine.

I do plan on getting a Radeon HD 6870 to run a triple screen set up, as well as some extra memory and Windows 7, which will max out the P.C I have now, then in a few months time I will start to spec up a new build.

Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU - Q6600 @2.40GHz

Nvidia GeForce GT-240

Coolmaster 650w PSU ATX 12V

Asus COMMANDO P965 Socket 775 Onboard Audio ATX Dual PCI Express x16 Graphics

Zalman CNPS9700-LED CPU Cooler

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz Dual Channel Kit (BL2KIT12864AA80A)

If you want to run Rfactor 2 at its best Nvidia is the way to go, especially since Nvidia just added support to their driver for Rfactor 2 when running SLI which from what a lot of people say had also helped in single card solutions too.

Looking at your current system you should be able to run the game fine albeit at reduced detail. I run maxed out on a Nvidia GTX 570 along with an Intel 2600k running at 4.3ghz, those new Nvidia 680's look very tempting, faster, cooler running and less power draw.

Rfactor 2 great game though im really looking forward to when its out of beta and the modders get to work which will help fill the servers.

I'd wait on rFactor2 for now until you build your new machine. rFactor2 is more system hungry than rFactor, but it is still in beta so they might tweak the code to make it run better as time goes on.

I replied to your message regarding triple screens on the other message thread, I did forget to mention that Eyefinity will NOT work on windows XP, so you will need Win7.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<